Set up your new device (for existing TELUS customers)
Everything you need to know about setting up your new device.
Set up your SIM card
Before you set up a new SIM or eSIM, be sure to update your My TELUS profile with your new SIM number.
Update your SIM number in your My TELUS account
- Log in to My TELUS or register for My TELUS at
- Go to Plans & Devices
- Select the subscriber that will be doing the SIM swap
- Select the Device tab
- Select Swap your SIM card and follow the steps on that page
Once your My TELUS profile is updated, you can set up your card.
Set up a new SIM card
- Make sure the device is turned off
- Follow the steps above to update the SIM number on your profile
- Locate the SIM card slot on your new device (refer to the manufacturer’s guide for help with finding the slot)
- Insert the new SIM
- Turn on your device and complete the automatic activation (if you do not have a data plan, you may need to connect to Wi-Fi to finish the activation)
- Restart your device
Set up your new eSIM
- Follow the steps above to update the SIM on your My TELUS profile
- Turn on your new device
- Connect to Wi-Fi. If you don't connect to Wi-Fi, the eSIM download will fail
- Follow the on-screen instructions on your new device and select SIM-free setup
- Scan the QR code on the TELUS eSIM voucher with the phone’s camera
- Restart your device
- If you need additional help, you can visit the support page on
Set up an existing SIM
- Locate the SIM card slot on your existing device (refer to the manufacturer’s guide to find the slot)
- Remove the SIM card
- Insert the SIM into your new device
- Turn on your device to complete the automatic activation (if you do not have a data plan, you may need to connect to Wi-Fi to finish the activation)
- Restart your device
- Restore your device info. Learn how to
Set up your My TELUS account to manage your services online
With My TELUS, you can manage all of your TELUS mobility services online and in the My TELUS app.
Log in to the My TELUS app for any of the following activities:
- View your monthly bill and past bills, make online payments and set up payment arrangements or
- Monitor the monthly data and voice and text usage across all the devices on your account
- View your rate plan details. if you need more monthly data
- Update your address, change your phone number, swap your SIM card and make other account changes
Log in to.
Learn more aboutin our support section.
Understand your bill after service renewal
Thank you for renewing with TELUS. On your next bill you may notice some changes:
Regular monthly recurring charges for plans and add-ons for next full month. For example:
- Peace of Mind Connect Unlimited: $75
- Monthly TELUS Easy Payment: $33
Partial charges: If you have changed your plan or add-ons during renewal, your next immediate bill will have adjustment for old plans and add-ons. For example:
- Partial charge: $44.35
One time service fee. For example:
- Connection fee: $50
Bill credits for promotions may take up to 2 billing cycles to appear.
Watch this video or visit our Support page toand other types of charges.
When to expect your next bill
TELUS offers paperless billing. You will receive an email and/or SMS notification of your e.Bill 2-5 days after your billing date.
Manage your bill and payment online
- Download the My TELUS app and register
- Go to the Billing tab to view your bills and the Service Agreement, manage e.Bill notifications and explore payment options
Understand your data plan
Confirm your new plan details: To check what your plan includes, log in to the My TELUS App and select Plans & Devices. You can also check your Service Agreement which is at the very bottom of the Billing tab.
Note: The amount of data and minutes that you get from the time you activate or make a change on your account up until your bill cycle will be prorated. This means that you won’t have access to your full amount of minutes or data until your next billing cycle. Learn more about.
Set up email and voicemail
Get to know your new phone
To learn more about your phone’s features check out the . Just choose the device type you have and what you would like to learn about.
Set up email: Learn how to.
Set up voicemail: Learn how to.
Get support at TELUS
Having trouble with your device?
First, turn off your device and then turn it back on again. That fixes many common issues. Here are some other options to explore if the problem still persists:
- For any questions you might have, chat with in the My TELUS App or on telus.com
- For detailed step-by-step instructions, check out the
- For support specific to your phone, download the and run a diagnostic test
- The is here to help. Ask fellow TELUS users questions, find answers to questions that others have already asked and submit ideas for future service improvements