Adding Fast Passes and data top-ups
Learn how to get more data until the end of your billing cycle with Fast Passes and data top-ups
Fast Passes for endless data plans
If you need more full-speed data until your next billing cycle, Fast Passes are available as an option for customers on plans with endless data, like our. You can add them at any time in or the .
Note: Fast Passes are available through the self-serve channels, including My TELUS, the My TELUS app, the TELUS Virtual Assistant and by replying to SMS data notifications. Fast pass purchases are not available through a TELUS representative.
|Fast Pass||Price||Included data|
|Fast Pass - 3 GB speed top-up||$15||3 GB|
- Once a Fast Pass is added, it will be available until the end of the current billing cycle and won’t carry over to the next billing cycle
- Once the Fast Pass has been completely used, you will experience reduced data speed until your next billing cycle or the next Fast Pass purchase
- You can purchase a Fast Pass up to 3 times within each billing cycle
- Fast Passes can only be used by customers on plans with endless data, like our
Data top-ups for standard plans
If you need additional data until your next billing cycle, data top-ups are available as an option for most of the standard data plans. You can add them at any time inor the .
Note: Data top-ups are available through the self-serve channels, including My TELUS, the My TELUS app, the TELUS Virtual Assistant, and by replying to SMS data notifications. Data top-up purchases are not available through a TELUS representative.
|Data top-up||Price||Included data|
|500 MB shareable data top-up||$15||500 MB|
|1 GB shareable data top-up||$22||1 GB|
|2 GB shareable data top-up||$32||2 GB|
- Once a data top-up is added, it will be available until the end of the current billing cycle and won’t carry over to the next billing cycle
- Once all the data in the top-up has been used, any additional pay-per-use data charges will be billed according to your rate plan
- If your plan includes shareable data, any data top-ups you purchase will be shared with other users on your account
- You can purchase a given data amount up to 3 times within each billing cycle. For example, you can purchase the 2 GB top-up up to 3 times in a single billing cycle for a total of 6 GB to use until your next billing cycle
- Data top-ups cannot be used by customers on plans with endless data, like our . These customers must purchase a Fast Pass
Get help managing your usage
If you’re using more data than usual during your current billing cycle, a Fast Pass or data top-up is a great way to make it through until the end of the cycle.
However, if you find yourself going over your monthly data regularly then you may want to consider increasing the monthly data in your plan or choosing a new plan with more data. For help on changing your rate plan, view our support article on how to.
TELUS provides notifications and tools to track your data usage across all your devices inor the .
In addition to managing your data notification settings,offers a variety of tools that you can access by logging in to your account in My TELUS.
For additional help on managing your data usage, see our support article on how to.
Notifications about additional data charges
We’ll notify you about any data usage and additional data charges the same way you get notified about your monthly rate plan data usage.
The purchase of a Fast Pass or data top-up is an additional data charge. This means the amount paid for the Fast Pass or data top-up gets included in any notifications you receive about additional data charges.
Even if your account does not have any pay-per-use data charges, you will still receive notifications about additional data charges if you purchase Fast Passes or data top-ups.
For example, if you’re using a Peace of Mind plan with Endless Data you will never experience data overage charges but you will get notified about additional data charges if you purchase Fast Passes.
For more information on data usage notifications, view our support article on how to.
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience