Am I eligible for Wi-Fi Calling?You are eligible if you have an eligible device (see below) and an active My Account subscription.
Wi-Fi calling is not currently available for Prepaid as it requires VoLTE for it to work, which is not yet available on Prepaid.
I can't see the option for Wi-Fi Calling in my phone setting?
- Check to ensure you have a qualifying device:
Supported iOS Devices
|iPhone SE||iPhone 6/6S||iPhone 6/6S Plus|
|iPhone 7||iPhone 7 Plus|
- Make sure you have the most up to date iOS software.
For more information on Wi-Fi visit iPhone Wi-Fi Calling explained.
Supported Android Devices
For more information on Wi-Fi visit Android Wi-Fi Calling explained.
"TELUS Wi-Fi" stopped showing on my screen?
TELUS Wi-Fi only kicks in when needed, so it will appear and disappear as your coverage changes. If TELUS Wi-Fi is not appearing in areas where you are used to seeing it, try these simple three steps :
- Just to be sure, ensure that you still have Wi-Fi Calling turned on.
- The TELUS Wi-Fi notification on your device will fluctuate with the availability of a strong enough cellular network. If the Cellular network is strong enough then Wi-Fi Calling is unnecessary and the notification will not display.
- In rare cases, your internet service provider (ISP) may affect your abilility to connect. Please contact us if you are not able to connect through the following ISPs :
- Bell Aliant
What is the minimum internet speed needed for Wi-Fi Calling?
The minimum speed required for the benefits of TELUS Wi-Fi calling is 1 mbps. Keep in mind performance will vary based on internet network conditions. If you are noticing issues, try using another Wi-Fi network.
Why do get a pop-up screen telling me to turn on Wi-Fi Calling?
A pop-up may appear up to three times when your device is connected to a wireless network and determines that you would benefit from using the Wi-Fi Calling feature.
For more in formation on TELUS Wi-Fi Calling visit Wi-Fi Calling terms and conditions.