Replacing your mobile device
No matter where you are in your contract term, you can replace your lost or stolen phone using one of the following methods:
- Purchase a new or refurbished phone
- Take advantage of our anytime device upgrades. Some conditions apply
Swapping devices or SIMs
Keeping your current SIM
If you already have your new phone and it uses the same SIM card size as your current one, you can simply transfer your SIM into it.
Using a new SIM
If you’re switching to a new phone that requires a new SIM card or you wish to replace your current SIM card with a new one, you can do so online in My TELUS.
You must be an Owner or Manager on the account, and you’ll need the following:
- A new TELUS SIM card and its 19-digit SIM number
- An active phone (on which you are swapping the SIM)
To swap your SIM card online:
- Log into My TELUS. If you don't have an account, register now
- Go to Mobility plans & devices
- Select the Device tab
- Select Swap your SIM card
- Follow the steps
Lost or stolen phone
If your phone is lost or stolen, you will not be able to perform a SIM swap online. If this is the case, please contact customer care or disable the mobile device.