Use the Optik TV app to watch and record on the go. You can use the app to watch live TV, set recordings and access our On Demand library on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Now you can watch content included in your subscription and record using a single app on your android, iOS devices or on your browser at watchoptik.telus.com
- Choose from thousands of On Demand shows and movies
- Order a movie on your TV and pick up where you left off on your tablet
- Finding something to watch is easier with new content categories, recommendations and Rotten Tomatoes scores
- Set Parental control and Purchase PINs
- The app is available with your Optik TV subscription at no extra charge
- Up to 185 available channels with 155 available in-home and out-of-home, and 30 in-home only*
Install the Optik TV app
Please visit Apple App Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device to download the Optik TV mobile App:
You can access the Optik TV App through your web browser at watchoptik.telus.com
Use your TELUS My Account username & password to log in. Don’t have a TELUS My Account? Register here.
Note: If you have previously used one of our Optik TV apps, you can continue to use the same Optik TV account username and password to log in to the new app.
Below is the list of officially supported browsers, Apple and Android devices, though you may be able to use the app on devices not listed.
Supported Android devices (Android 6.0 and later)
- HTC One M8 and M9 phone
- Google Pixel
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5, S5, S6, S6+ Edge, S7 phones
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablets
Supported iOS devices (iOS 10.0 and later)
- Apple iPads 3, 4, Air, Air 2, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, Pro 10.1”, Pro 12.9”
- Apple iPhones 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8
- Note: iPhone X playback is available but will not go full screen. We are currently working on a resolution for a future release.
- Windows 8+ : Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer
- MAC 10.10+: Safari 11+, Chrome
- Streaming video is often the biggest contributor to Internet data usage. So understanding how it works is especially important. Using the app to stream content for 1 hour will use 1.7 GB of data (approximate value)
- Using the Optik TV app at home contributes to your internet data usage
- Using the Optik TV App on your mobile network will use your mobile data. Data charges may apply for mobile service outside Wi-Fi coverage
Most content is available in 720P. However, some live channels are available in 1080P. We are working towards adding more high quality content soon.
Note: 4K content is not available.
Rewind, pause, fast-forward
Live programs: You cannot rewind, pause or fast forward a live program at this time.
TV Shows On Demand: You can pause, fast forward or rewind On Demand TV content, but the features may be disabled on select programming by the provider.
Movies On Demand: You can rewind, pause or fast forward a movie On Demand.
After selecting a live program select the arrow icon in the lower right hand corner. This will open a panel at the bottom of the screen and you can select the CC icon.
Live TV and setting recordings
- For a complete list of all channels available to watch on the go, visit telus.com/optikapp
- All Optik TV customers have access to the live and On Demand content included with the Essentials theme pack, as long as it is available on the go
- If you subscribe to additional channels, you also have access to those provided they are available on the go
Note: Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available to watch on the go. Some channels are only available when connected to your home TELUS Internet service. Channels requiring TELUS internet are currently not available on your browser. Please use your iOS or Android device to playback these channels.
Select the Live TV tab and then the View guide button. The current channel lineup will appear.
- To change the time on the browser, use your mouse to scroll horizontally within the time bar at the top or select -/+ 1 hour. On your phone or tablet, you can drag the guide or timebar horizontally.
- To view more channels, scroll vertically
- To view specific categories, select All categories and then choose a category
There are 3 channel views available, you can use the Filter by menu (under All Categories) to choose the view that you prefer.
- Subscribed (default): Includes all channels in your package, though not all may be playable on your device. This view is helpful if you wish to use the app to set recordings
- Playable on this device: Includes only channels that are playable on your device. Some channels require you to be connected to your home TELUS Internet network in order to watch
- All channels: Includes all channels available on Optik TV, including those you are not subscribed to. You can visit telus.com/myaccount to subscribe to additional channels
Playback is only available when connected to your TELUS Internet at home
If you are attempting to play content at home but receiving the message alert “Sorry, playback is only available when connected to your TELUS Internet at home,” it may be for a few reasons:
- Your digital box may not be plugged in. Please plug in your digital box to resolve this
- You could be having pairing issues with your digital box. Try rebooting your digital box to re-establish pairing
- Confirm that your mobile device and Optik TV digital box are successfully connected to your home Wi-Fi network
Set and manage recordings
- You can use the app to set a recording on any channel to which you are subscribed
- Though you can set recordings from your browser, smartphone and tablet, you can only watch recordings on your Optik TV digital box at home. However, some recordings may be available On demand
To set a recording:
- Select the Live TV tab and then View guide. To view more channels in the guide, scroll vertically
- To change the time, scroll horizontally within the time bar at the top or on the guide
- Select the show you would like to record. The series episode page will open with the episode you have selected highlighted. If the program you have selected is not part of a series, the details page will appear
- If you get the Details Page: Select the Record icon to set a recording. If available, you can also select the Series icon to set up a series recording
- If you get the Series Info Page: Select Record show button and you will then be able to modify and set your recording
Note: To edit a recording, select the Edit icon. You can change the channel, time, scheduled end time and when the recording will be deleted. You can also delete a scheduled recording
To manage previous or upcoming recordings:
- Select the Home tab and then the PVR category
- Select Manage all recordings
- To manage previous recordings, select the Recorded tab. You can select Edit to delete recordings or select a specific recording to edit the settings
- To manage upcoming recordings, select the Scheduled tab. You can select Edit to delete upcoming recordings or select a specific recording to edit the settings
Renting and watching On Demand
Browse the On Demand library
- Select the On Demand tab
- Choose a category. There are many On Demand categories to choose from. To see all of the titles in a category, select All titles
- Once you find a title you would like select the On Demand title
- On the Details screen you can read the description and rating, watch a preview, find related titles, cast and crew or save it as a favourite to find in the Home hub later. You can also select the $ Rent icon or play button to start watching
Save a Favourite to watch later
- After selecting an On Demand title, select the heart icon to save it as a Favourite
- You can find your saved Favourites in the Home hub
Note: Only On Demand programs can be saved as Favourites. Live programs cannot be saved at this time.
Rent or purchase an On Demand movie
- Select the On Demand tab on your android or browser
- Browse the categories and find a movie to rent or buy
- Select the movie poster and the details screen will appear. Under Ways to watch, select Rent or buy or click the $ Rent button
- Select the version you wish to purchase and an option will appear to Confirm rental or purchase. Once you confirm, the film will start playing automatically
- You cannot purchase or rent titles on an Apple device. However, if you first rent a title on your Optik TV box, browser or an Android device you can watch it on your Apple device
- Pay-per-view titles are not available through the app
- Movies rented on your TV can take up to 30 minutes to appear in the app. Not all titles are available on all devices
- Movies rented using the app can take up to 30 minutes to appear on your Optik TV digital boxes
- You cannot download a title to watch later when you are offline without an active Internet connection
Purchase and Parental PINs
Set up a Purchase or Parental control PIN:
- You can create a Purchase PIN to prevent unauthorized On Demand purchases through the app
- A Parental control PIN allows you to block content by program and rating on the app. This PIN is independent of your Purchase PIN and any PINs used for your digital boxes at home
- You need to set up a PIN for each of your devices and browsers used. It will not be applied at the account level.
First time PIN set up:
- Select the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen (corresponds to the Settings menu)
- Select Purchase or Parental PIN and Set a new 4-digit PIN
- Enter a 4-digit PIN of your choice
- You will then be asked to confirm your PIN
- Once your new PIN has been set you are able to set your parental or purchase lock
- Select the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen (corresponds to the Settings menu)
- Select Purchase or Parental PIN
- Select I forgot my PIN and you will be taken to Optik TV browser page. Sign in to your account using the same credentials as your app
- Choose the PIN you wish to reset and enter your new PIN
- Close your browser and go back to the app
|"Sorry, playback is only available when you are connected to your TELUS Internet network at home."|| Some channels are only available when connected to your TELUS Internet network at home. For a full channel list, visit telus.com/optikapp. |
Note: Playback of these channels is only available on tablets and phones.
|"Ordering is not enabled on Apple devices. Order on your Optik TV box to watch on this device."||You cannot rent/purchase titles using iOS devices. You can order first on your Optik TV box or Android device to watch on Apple devices.|
|"Your account is in use on too many devices. To watch, please stop playback on another device."||You will need to stop play back on one of the devices as too many non-digital box devices are actively streaming via the Optik TV app concurrently.|
|"Flash player is required to play this content."||Flash is required to playback content on the web browser. To enable playback, click on Get Adobe Flash Player and choose allow.|
|When searching you receive error 1-49-902||Please turn off parental controls in the settings and search again. There is a current issue we are working to resolve.|
- Optik TV offers up to 185 channels, with 155 of those available in-home and out-of-home and the remaining 30 available in-home only. The number of available channels may differ depending on the customer's geographical location
- Subscription to Optik TV and live channels required. Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available. Online access for some channels requires TELUS Internet service
- The app can only be used in Canada on select devices within wireless network coverage areas. Data charges may apply for mobile service outside Wi-Fi coverage
- An Optik TV username and password is required to log onto this service
- Requires iOS 10.0 or higher on Apple devices, and Android OS 6.0 or higher on Android devices
- Select On Demand titles available. On Demand titles cannot be rented on iOS devices. They must be rented through Optik TV, browsers or android to be watched on mobile devices. Regular rental charges apply
- *The number of available channel feeds may differ depending on customer's geographical location.
- Airplay is not supported due to content provider restrictions
Visit telus.com/optikapp or watch the features video.