TELUS Device Care covers manufacturing defects for up to 2 years, and also provides protection against up to two incidents of accidental damage. It also includes next-day shipping of a replacement device, low service charges and coverage flexibility.
How it works
You can buy TELUS Device Care within the first 60 days of purchasing, activating, or renewing your smartphone either upfront or in monthly instalments.
Note: Device Care is available for all devices except Apple iPhone. iPhone owners can purchase AppleCare+ with a choice of monthly or upfront payment options.
What it covers
The manufacturer’s warranty is typically valid for the first 12 months of activation, and covers all defects in parts and workmanship. This comes standard with all wireless devices offered by TELUS.
Telus Device Care adds;
- Coverage from only $7 per month
- Stay connected with a replacement device shipped to you the next business day
- Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental or liquid damage (subject to a $79 service charge)
- Bypass the standard repair process with minimal downtime
- Unlimited protection against mechanical and electrical malfunctions up to 2 years from the date of purchase (each subject to $29 service charge)
What isn’t covered
- A lost or stolen device
- Changes or enhancements to your phone
- Abuse, misuse, or intentional acts
- Problems with the phone before your enrolment was in effect
- Failure caused by computer viruses
- Accessories (unless part of the failed device)
- Any cosmetic damage
For more details about TELUS Device Care, review the program plan.
What it costs
TELUS Device Care costs $7/month on your TELUS bill.
Device Care covers all TELUS Mobility devices, except for the Apple iPhone (iPhone owners can purchase AppleCare+), tablets, aircards, CDMA devices, Smart Hubs, internet keys and IDEM devices.
Standard accessories included in the original device packaging, if they are part of the loss to the covered device, such as standard battery, home charger, car charger, carrying case, earbuds, memory cards and SIM card.
How to purchase
Any TELUS customer can purchase Device Care at a TELUS Store either when activating or renewing a wireless device, or within 60 days of activating or renewing.
How to cancel
Monthly TELUS Device Care customers are able to cancel the feature whenever they want, either by having a sales rep remove it in-store or by calling TELUS Customer Care.
Device Care only covers the original device and subscriber at time of purchase and cannot be transferred between devices or subscribers.
Filing a service request
To file a service request a customer can, within 60 days of the incident occurring, either:
- Call eSecuritel at 1-866-281-4537
- Submit online at devicecare.telus.com
You will need the following information when filing a service request:
- Phone number of the mobile device
- Postal code
- Device manufacturer and model (i.e. Samsung S6, Blackberry PRIV)
- A credit card to pay for the replacement service charge
Reminder:There are two options if there is NO physical or liquid damage to the device and the device is still within the manufacturer's warranty period.
- Use the manufacturer's warranty and have it sent for repair through a TELUS store
- Make a Device Care service request to have it replaced by contacting Asurion
Note: If your phone is lost or stolen, call TELUS immediately to suspend service and prevent unauthorized usage.
Receiving your replacement device
The replacement device will typically reach you within 24 hours of your request. In some remote locations of Canada, it may take longer to reach you.
For more information, visit devicecare.telus.com.