Set up TELUS Home Assistant on your Google Home device
Instructions for linking Optik TV to your Google Home app
Need help setting up your Google device? Visit the.
- Log in to your Google Home app on your mobile device using your Google account
- On the app, select Settings > More settings
- Select Assistant from the top bar
- Scroll and select Home control
- Select the + sign in the bottom right-hand corner to add a new home control device
- Use the search bar to find TELUS Home Assistant
- Select My TELUS or Optik TV account and login
- Go to your Optik TV and tune to channel 9097 to identify your digital box name
- On the Assign rooms screen, assign the identified digital box name to a room
Important: Give your Optik digital box a nickname. First, navigate back to Home control. Under the Devices tab, select the identified digital box. Select the pencil icon next to Set a nickname and provide a nickname.
Pro-tip: Keep it short and simple! This is how you will tell Google which digital box to command. For example, nickname one box "Living room TV" and another "Bedroom TV" and say, "Hey Google, search for Game of Thrones on Living room TV."
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience