How to use the Pik TV app for iOS & Android
With the Pik TV app, watch live and On Demand programs on your smartphone or tablet
Features, requirements and restrictions
- Watch TV live and access a huge On Demand library of TV shows, movies and documentaries on your iOS or Android device
- Pik TV offers up to 148 channels, 136 of those available in-home and out-of-home and the remaining 12 available in-home only. The number of available channels may differ depending on your location
Requirements and restrictions:
- A subscription to TELUS Internet, Pik TV and live channels is required to use the Pik TV app. Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available on the go. Online access to some channels requires TELUS internet service
- Your My TELUS username and password are required to log in to this service
- The Pik TV app can only be used in Canada on select devices within wireless network coverage areas. Data charges may apply for mobile service outside your Wi-Fi coverage
- Airplay is not supported due to content provider restrictions
How to install the Pik TV app on your iOS or Android device
iPhones and iPads
Please visit the App Store on your Apple device to download the Pik TV app:
Please visit the Google Play Store on your mobile device to download the Pik TV app.
Use your My TELUS username & password to log in. Don’t have My TELUS? Register now.
Below is a list of officially supported devices. You may, however, be able to use the Pik TV app on devices that are not listed here.
|Platform||OS||Specific devices not supported|
|iOS||iOS 11.1+||iPhone 5SE, iPad Mini 2|
Most content is available in 720P. However, some live channels are available in 1080P. We are working towards adding more high-quality content soon.
Note: 4K content is not available.
Closed captioning and described video are available on all programming in which they’ve been enabled by content providers.
How to turn on Closed Captioning (CC) or Described Video (AD)
|Platform||Turn on during Playback||Through the more section|
|Android||Tap the screen at bottom right-hand corner, then tap the CC and/or AD icon to turn on. To turn off, tap it again.||On the bottom bar, select|
|iOS||Tap the gear icon in the top right corner, then select CC and/or AD to turn on. To turn off, tap again.||On the bottom bar select More. Tap the CC and/or AD icon to turn on. To turn off, tap again.|
Navigating the Pik TV app
The updated app now includes a bottom navigation bar, which allows you to easily access your content from any device.
How to search:
- On the bottom navigation bar, select Search
- Enter a movie, TV series or the name of a cast member
- TV Series or Movie search - Select the title you are looking for and it will bring you to the Series or Movie Page, which includes both live and On Demand options for your title
- Cast Member Search - Searching the name of a cast member will provides a list of available live or On Demand titles in which they're featured
On the Series page for a TV program, you'll find all available On Demand and live options related to that program.
- All Pik TV customers have access to the live and On Demand content included in their subscription, as long as it is available on the go
- Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available to watch on the go
- Some channels are only available when connected to your home TELUS Internet service due to content provider restrictions
- You cannot rewind, pause or fast forward a live program at this time
Using the channel guide
From any screen, select the Guide button on the bottom navigation bar to bring up the guide. The channels you are subscribed to will appear.
There are three channel views available. Select Filter by menu (under All Categories) to choose the view that you prefer. Below are the three channel view options available to you:
- Subscribed/My channel (default): Includes all channels in your package, though not all channels may be playable on your device
- All channels: Includes all channels available on Pik TV app, including those you are not subscribed to. You can visit telus.com/myaccount to subscribe to additional channels
- Playable on this device: Includes all channels that are playable on the device filtering out any channels that are not playable based on your location
Navigate live guide
Scroll through the grid guide or use the date picker to browse previous days.
- Select On now
- Select the date and time you want to view
- The guide will move to the date and time you have selected. To choose another time, scroll horizontally through the guide
Changing channels during live playback
During playback you are able to change channels and see what programs are up next using the On Now & On Next mini-guide.
To open, tap the playback screen and select Guide. To change channels, scroll vertically and click on the program you wish to watch. You can also choose to exit to the full guide
The live TV player now allows you to watch your programs in portrait or landscape mode. You can change channels and see what programs are up next without interrupting your viewing.
In portrait mode: Select channel through On Now & On Next mini-guide. A program description is also available.
In landscape mode: Select [ ] to decrease video size and bring up On Now & On Next mini-guide. Without changing screen size, tap screen and drag up mini guide to select another channel.
Renting and watching an On Demand
You are able to access all On Demand programming that is part of your subscription and available on the go.
TV Shows On Demand: You can pause, fast forward or rewind On Demand TV content, but the features may be disabled on select programming by the provider.
Movies On Demand: You can rewind, pause or fast forward a movie On Demand.
Browse the On Demand library:
- Select the On Demand tab
- Browse the categories and find a movie to rent or buy
- Select a movie poster and the details screen will appear
- Select the version you wish to purchase and an option will appear to confirm rental or purchase. Once you confirm, the film will begin playing automatically
Changing episodes during playback
The Pik TV binge bar allows you to watch your series uninterrupted or jump between episodes.
Please note that at this time automatic playback of the next episode is not available on Android. To jump to the next episode without interrupting your playback, use the binge bar to select the next episode.
To select another episode in the same season select Episodes during playback.
The On Demand player now allows you to watch your programs in portrait or landscape mode. You can change episodes and seasons without interrupting your viewing.
In portrait mode: Select another episode through the episode list below the playback screen.
In landscape mode: Without changing screen size, tap screen and drag/tap the binge guide to select another episode. On iPads only, select [ ] to decrease video size and bring up all available seasons and episodes.
Common error messages:
|"Sorry, playback is only available when you are connected to your TELUS internet network at home."||Some channels are only available when connected to your TELUS Internet network at home due to content provider restrictions.|
"Your account is in use on too many devices. To watch, please stop playback on another device."
|If you're streaming on more than 2 devices at a time:|
You will need to stop playback on one of the devices as too many non-digital box devices are actively streaming via the Pik TV app.
If you're streaming on no more than 2 devices at a time:
Please reach out to our Technical Team at telus.com/support through our chat option or at 1-888-811-2323 so they can assist you.
Below is a list of known issues that we are working on resolving.
|Receiving error 216 or 101 when trying to playback live or rent content.||Please check your date and time settings on your device and make sure they are set to automatic. Using a manual setting will trigger this error.|
|When attempting live playback I can hear audio but get a black screen.||Please kill the app and restart your device to resolve the issue.|
|iOS app is hanging on the loading page or black screen after logging in||1. Close the app|
2. Go to the settings section on your Apple device and log out of the Apple TV provider
3. Log back into the app and select “Don’t allow” when prompted
|LP1008 error when logging in with My TELUS account.||If you seeing this message, reach out to our Technical Support team at telus.com/support through our chat option or at 1-888-811-2323 so we can work to address your playback issue.|