Pik TV App for iOS explained
Features, functions and facts about the Pik TV iOS app
Features, requirements & restrictions
Watch TV live and access a huge On Demand library of TV shows, movies and documentaries on your iOS phone or tablet.
Pik TV offers up to 148 channels, with 136 of those available in-home and out-of-home and the remaining 12 available in-home only. The number of available channels may differ depending on your geographical location.
Requirements & restrictions:
- Subscription to TELUS Internet, Pik TV and live channels required. Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available on the go. Online access for some channels requires TELUS Internet service
- My TELUS username and password is required to log onto this service
- The app can only be used in Canada on select devices within wireless network coverage areas. Data charges may apply for mobile service outside Wi-Fi coverage
- Airplay is not supported due to content provider restrictions
Below is the list of officially supported Apple devices, though you may be able to use the app on devices not listed.
Supported iOS devices (iOS 11.1 and later):
- Apple iPads Air, Air 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, new iPad (2017, 2018), Pro 9.7”, Pro 10.5”¸ Pro 12.9”
- Apple iPhones 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max
Devices not supported:
- Devices running iOS10 or lower
- iPhone 5SE
- iPad Mini 2
Note: iPhone X, XS, XR, XS Max playback is available but will not go full screen. We are currently working on a resolution for a future release.
Install the Pik TV app
Please visit the App Store on your Apple device to download the Pik TV app:
Use your My TELUS username & password to log in. Don’t have My TELUS?.
Most content is available in 720P. However, some live channels are available in 1080P. We are working towards adding more high quality content soon.
Note: 4K content is not available.
Closed captioning and described video can be turned on for any program or movie that the content providers have enabled them on.
How to turn on Closed Captioning (CC) or Described Video (AD)
During live or VOD playback: When watching live or on demand, tap the gear icon in the top right corner, then select the Closed Captioning and/or Audi Description to turn it on. To turn it off, tap it again.
Through More Section: on the bottom bar select more. Tap the Closed Captioning and/or Audio Description to turn it on. To turn it off, tap it again,Turning on your closed caption.
Navigate through the Pik TV iOS app
The updated app allows you easy access to your content from any screen with the addition of bottom bar navigation available on all screens.
- On the bottom bar select Search
- Enter the movie, TV series or cast name you are looking for
- TV Series or Movie - Select the title you are looking for and it will bring you to the Series or Movie Page which includes both live and on demand options for your title
- Cast Search - Will provide a list of available live or on demand titles
On the Series page for a TV Program you can see all available On Demand & Live programming.
- All Pik TV customers have access to the live and On Demand content included in their subscription, as long as it is available on the go
- Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available to watch on the go
- Some channels are only available when connected to your home TELUS Internet service due to content provider restrictions
- You cannot rewind, pause or fast forward a live program at this time
From any screen select the Guide button on the bottom bar to bring up the guide. The channels you are subscribed to will appear.
There are 2 channel views available, you can use the Filter by menu option (under All Categories) to choose the view that you prefer.
- Subscribed (default): Includes all channels in your package, though not all may be playable on your device.
- All channels: Includes all channels available on Optik TV, including those you are not subscribed to. You can visit telus.com/myaccount to subscribe to additional channels
Navigate through the Live guide
Scroll through the grid guide or use the date picker to move to early dates.
- Select On Now
- Select the date & time you want to view
- The Guide will move to the date & time you have selected. To choose another time, scroll horizontally through the guide
Changing channels during live playback
During playback you are able to change channels by using a mini guide accessible by selecting info:
On Now & the next program are available in the mini guide.
To change changes scroll vertically and click on the program you wish to watch.
On Demand programming
You are able to access all On Demand programming that is part of your subscription and available on the go.
TV Shows On Demand: You can pause, fast forward or rewind On Demand TV content, but the features may be disabled on select programming by the provider.
Movies On Demand: You can rewind, pause or fast forward a movie On Demand.
Rent and watch an On Demand movie
At this time, you are not able to rent On Demand titles on Apple devices. Rentals purchased on your Media Box, Android device or browser at telus.com/watchpik, can be watched on your Apple device.
Binge watching bar
The Pik iOS binge bar will allow you to watch your series uninterrupted or jump between episodes.
To select another episode in the same season select Episodes during playback.
When the binge prompt to go to the next episode will pop up on your playback screen, you can choose to jump to the new episode by selecting the play button or dismissing by selecting the X.
|"Sorry, playback is only available when you are connected to your TELUS Internet network at home."||Some channels are only available when connected to your TELUS Internet network at home due to content provider restrictions.|
|"Renting TV On Demand on Apple TV is currently not available. To rent content, please visit www.telus.com/watchpik”||You cannot rent/purchase titles using iOS devices. You can order first on your Media box, Android device or at telus.com/watchpik to watch on Apple devices.|
|"Your account is in use on too many devices. To watch, please stop playback on another device."||You will need to stop playback on one of the devices as too many non-digital box devices are actively streaming via the Pik TV app concurrently.|
Below is a list of known issues that we are working on resolving.
|LP1008 error when logging in when logging in with My TELUS account.||If you receive this message, attempt to log in an hour later as issue should have resolved. If you are still seeing the message, reach out to our Technical Support team at telus.com/support through our chat option or at 1-888-811-2323 so we can work to address the playback.|
Help us improve this article
Please rate your experience