Pik TV App for iOS & Android explained
Features, functions and facts about the Pik TV iOS & Android app
Features, requirements & restrictions
Watch TV live and access a huge On Demand library of TV shows, movies and documentaries on your iOS phone or tablet.
Pik TV offers up to 148 channels, with 136 of those available in-home and out-of-home and the remaining 12 available in-home only. The number of available channels may differ depending on your geographical location.
Requirements & restrictions:
- Subscription to TELUS Internet, Pik TV and live channels required. Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available on the go. Online access for some channels requires TELUS Internet service
- My TELUS username and password is required to log onto this service
- The app can only be used in Canada on select devices within wireless network coverage areas. Data charges may apply for mobile service outside Wi-Fi coverage
- Airplay is not supported due to content provider restrictions
Install the Pik TV app on your iOS or Android devices
iPhones & iPads
Please visit the App Store on your Apple device to download the Pik TV app:
Please visit the Google Play Store on your mobile device to download the Pik TV mobile app.
Use your My TELUS username & password to log in. Don’t have My TELUS?.
Below is the list of officially supported Apple devices, though you may be able to use the app on devices not listed.
|Platform||OS||Specific devices not supported|
|iOS||iOS 11.1+||iPhone 5SE, iPad Mini 2|
Most content is available in 720P. However, some live channels are available in 1080P. We are working towards adding more high quality content soon.
Note: 4K content is not available.
Closed captioning and described video can be turned on for any program or movie that the content providers have enabled them on.
How to turn on Closed Captioning (CC) or Described Video (AD)
|Platform||Turn on during Playback||Through the more section|
|Android||Tap screen at bottom right hand corner click the CC or AD icon. To turn it off, tap it again.||On the bottom bar select More. Tap the CC and/or AD to turn on. To turn off, tap again.|
|iOS||Tap the gear icon in the top right corner, then select CC and/or AD to turn on. To turn off, tap again.||On the bottom bar select More. Tap the CC and/or AD to turn on. To turn off, tap again.|
Navigate through the Pik TV app
The updated app allows you easy access to your content from any screen with the addition of bottom bar navigation available on all screens.
- On the bottom bar select Search
- Enter the movie, TV series or cast name you are looking for
- TV Series or Movie - Select the title you are looking for and it will bring you to the Series or Movie Page which includes both live and on demand options for your title
- Cast Search - Will provide a list of available live or on demand titles
On the Series page for a TV Program you can see all available On Demand & Live programming.
- All Pik TV customers have access to the live and On Demand content included in their subscription, as long as it is available on the go
- Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available to watch on the go
- Some channels are only available when connected to your home TELUS Internet service due to content provider restrictions
- You cannot rewind, pause or fast forward a live program at this time
From any screen select the Guide button on the bottom bar to bring up the guide. The channels you are subscribed to will appear.
There are channel views available, you can use the Filter by menu option (under All Categories) to choose the view that you prefer.
- Subscribed/My channel: Includes all channels in your package, though not all may be playable on your device
- All channels: Includes all channels available on Optik TV, including those you are not subscribed to. You can visit telus.com/myaccount to subscribe to additional channels
- Playable on this device (iOS only): Includes all channels that are playable on the device filtering out any channels that are not playable based on your location
Navigate through the Live guide
Scroll through the grid guide or use the date picker to move to early dates.
- Select On now (iOS) or the calendar icon (android)
- Select the date and time you want to view
- The guide will move to the date and time you have selected. To choose another time, scroll horizontally through the guide
Changing channels during live playback
During playback you are able to change channels by using a mini guide accessible by selecting info:
On Now & the next program are available in the mini guide. To open, select Info on your iOS device and Guide on Android.
To change, scroll vertically and click on the program you wish to watch.
On Demand programming
You are able to access all On Demand programming that is part of your subscription and available on the go.
TV Shows On Demand: You can pause, fast forward or rewind On Demand TV content, but the features may be disabled on select programming by the provider.
Movies On Demand: You can rewind, pause or fast forward a movie On Demand.
Rent and watch an On Demand movie
- Select the On Demand tab
- Browse the categories and find a movie to rent or buy
- Select the movie poster and the details screen will appear
- Select the version you wish to purchase and an option will appear to confirm rental or purchase. Once you confirm, the film will start playing automatically
Binge watching bar
The Pik binge bar will allow you to watch your series uninterrupted or jump between episodes.
Please note that at this time on Android devices, automatic play of next episode is not available. To jump to the next episode without leaving playback, use the binge bar to select the next episode.
To select another episode in the same season select Episodes during playback.
When the binge prompt to go to the next episode will pop up on your playback screen, you can choose to jump to the new episode by selecting the play button or dismissing by selecting the X.
|"Sorry, playback is only available when you are connected to your TELUS Internet network at home."||Some channels are only available when connected to your TELUS Internet network at home due to content provider restrictions.|
"Your account is in use on too many devices. To watch, please stop playback on another device."
|Streaming on more than 2 devices at a time|
You will need to stop playback on one of the devices as too many non-digital box devices are actively streaming via the Pik TV app concurrently.
Streaming on no more than 2 devices at a time
Please reach out to our Technical Team at through our chat option or at 1-888-811-2323 so they can assist.
Below is a list of known issues that we are working on resolving.
|Receiving error 216 or 101 when trying to playback live or rent content.||Please check your date and time settings on your device and ensure it is set to automatic. Using a manual setting will trigger this error.|
|When attempting live playback I can hear audio but get a black screen.||Please kill the app and restart your device to resolve the issue.|
|iOS app is hanging on the loading screen after logging in||There is an issue with your login credentials and the error message is not displaying. Please log out of TV provider in the settings section of your app. Try logging in again. If prompted, do not select "Don’t allow" during the TV provider permissions.|
|LP1008 error when logging in with My TELUS account.||If you receive this message, reach out to our Technical Support team atthrough our chat option or at 1-888-811-2323 so we can work to address the playback.|