Program your Telus Satellite TV remote control
Looking for Optik TV remote instructions? Find your remote here.
Before you begin
- Check to see if your batteries need replacing
- Verify your receiver is plugged into a working power outlet
- Locate the remote codes for the TV: Satellite TV remote codes
Program Your Remote for Your Receiver
- Ensure that your television is turned on and is connected to the receiver
- On the front of the receiver, press the Sys Info button
- On your remote control , press and hold SAT until the SAT, VCR and AUX buttons light up
- Release the SAT button, and it will begin to flash
- Choose a random number from 1 to 16 and enter it on the remote. This will reset the frequency used by the remote to communicate with the receiver
- Press the # button
- Press Record. The Remote Address field on the System Info screen (on your television) will show the frequency number you selected
- Using the arrow keys navigate to Done on your TV screen and select Enter on your remote
Program Your Remote for Your Television
- Press and hold the TV button on the remote until the SAT, VCR and AUX buttons light up
- Release the TV button. It will start to flash
- While the TV button is flashing, enter the 3-digit code for your television located on the Satellite TV remote codes list
- After entering the 3-digit code, select the # button on the remote. If the code was entered successfully, the TV light will flash 3 times
- To test to see if you were successful, try adjusting the TV's volume and power
- If the remote did not control the TV, repeat steps 1 to 5 with another code from the list
Note: If the codes provided by the manufacturer failed, try the following steps to find another code.
- Make sure the TV is on.
- Press and hold the TV button on the remote until the SAT, TV and VCR buttons light up
- Release the TV button. The TV button will start to flash
- Press the Power button on the remote control. The TV button will stay lit
- Press the up arrow on the remote every second until the TV turns off.
- When the TV turns off, press the # button on the remote to lock the code. If the scan was successful, the TV light will flash 3 times
Your remote should now be programmed to work with your TV.
Note: Unfortunately, while we try to accommodate every type of television, some may not be supported.