Watch the video for step-by-step instructions on setting up and enjoying Pik TV on your Pik TV Media Box.
Tips to ensure a smooth installation
- Have your My TELUS email and password ready
- If you’re connecting via Wi-Fi, have your Wi-Fi network name and password ready. Retrieve your login information if you've lost or forgotten it
- Have the Pik TV media box setup guide ready
- Have your Google account email and password ready
Important: You must sign in to your Google account in order to get the latest Pik TV updates. Updates to your Pik TV include new features and improvements, as well as a customized Google experience. Once signed in, launch the Google Play Store and accept Google’s terms and conditions.
- Still waiting for your hardware to arrive? Access Pik on your computer browser or mobile device by downloading the Pik TV app on iOS or Android
Here's what you need to set up your Pik TV media box:
- A TV or a monitor with an HDMI port
- An Internet connection via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- A Google email address
- A TELUS account
Connect your Pik TV media box to your TV screen or monitor using an HDMI cable
Connect your media box into a power source and ensure that both TV and media box are powered on
Select the Source or Input button on your remote until you see the Remote Pairing screen
Insert batteries into your Pik TV Remote
To set up Pik TV, follow the instructions displayed on your TV screen. You can also use your Android phone or tablet if you have one. You'll be prompted to do the following:
If you would like to set up Pik TV on your Android phone or tablet, select Yes on your TV screen and continue the setup process on your mobile device
Note: Select No to skip setting up with an Android device.
Note: Your mobile phone or tablet must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your media box.
For the highest-quality connection, attach your router to your media box using an Ethernet cable
- If you cannot connect to an Ethernet network, connect to the Wi-Fi network with the strongest signal
- If your 5 Ghz network has the same signal strength as your 2.4 Ghz network we recommend connecting to the 5 Ghz network
- If you experience connection issues, see Troubleshoot Pik TV Wi-Fi connection issues
- If you are installing your Pik TV media box before your TELUS Internet is installed, please note you will only be able to view select channels until your TELUS Internet is installed
To get the latest Pik TV updates and tailor your experience, you have to sign in to your Google account. If you are setting up Pik TV on your mobile device, sign in to your account on your device as opposed to your TV screen
To ensure your guide schedule is accurate for your timezone, please choose Yes to Location in order to enable location services
If your media box requires a software update, it will automatically be installed
Note: Your media box may restart more than once during this update.
To control your TV using your Pik TV remote, select Yes
Press the up arrow on your remote to display the keyboard on your screen and enter your My TELUS username and password to log in to your Pik TV account