What is TELUS Home Assistant?
TELUS Home Assistant Action on Google Assistant gives you hands-free control of different TELUS products and services. You can ask your TELUS Home Assistant questions about guest network and whether your Wi-Fi is enabled or not.
TELUS Home Assistant is also available for Optik TV customers. Visit the support page on TELUS Home Assistant on Google Assistant to learn more about the voice control capabilities for Optik TV.
We invite you to share feedback and get additional support on our community forum, Neighbourhood.
Any Google Assistant-enabled device, including:
- Google Home
- Google Mini
- Google Max
- Google Nest Hub
- Third-party speakers integrated with the Google Assistant, for example, JBL link or Lenovo smart display
- The Google Assistant app downloaded on select iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
Don’t have a smart speaker device? Find out if your phone or tablet can be enabled with the Google Assistant by visiting Google Assistant Help or purchase a Google device by shopping on TELUS.com.
Which device are you using? Please visit the options below for instructions on how to link your Wi-Fi or Optik TV to Google Assistant.
- Google Home devices
- Google Assistant-supported smartphones and tablets
Commands for your internet
Try the following voice commands:
- "Hey Google, what’s my Wi-Fi name?”
- "Hey Google, what’s the name of my Wi-Fi network?"
- “Hey Google, what’s my internet name?”
- “Hey Google, what’s my network name?”
Guest Wi-Fi name
- "Hey Google, what’s my guest Wi-Fi name?”
- "Hey Google, what’s the name of my guest network?"
- “Hey Google, what’s my guest internet name?”
- "Hey Google, is my Wi-Fi enabled?”
- "Hey Google, is my network enabled?"
- “Hey Google, is my internet on?”
Guest Wi-fi enabled
- "Hey Google, is my Guest Wi-fi enabled?”
- "Hey Google, is my Guest network enabled?"
- “Hey Google, is my Guest internet on?”
Visit our list of known issues that we are working to resolve. TELUS Home Assistant will continue to evolve to include additional capabilities.
If your issue is not covered, please visit the Neighborhood community to share your feedback for future improvements.
Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Try the following tips to quickly troubleshoot:
- Say the command differently or be more specific
- Unlink and relink the TELUS Home Assistant Action by going to Home Control on your Google Home App. Select the drop down on the top right corner > Manage accounts > TELUS Home Assistant under Linked Services to unlink. To relink, refer to the Get Started section above
- Set a nickname for your TV and tell Google at the end of each command which TV you are referring to
- Check the Wi-Fi connection. Ask your device "Hey Google, what’s the weather today?" to easily confirm if it is connected to the internet
- Visit Google Home Help to troubleshoot your device
Still having issues? Visit Neighbourhood to get support from our online community.