Home phone Call Control explained
Learn more about the new free feature that helps screen out unwanted robo-callers
Call Control is a free optional feature that automatically screens robo-callers and prevents them from bothering you.
Eligible TELUS Home Phone customers can opt in to activate Call Control.
How Call Control works
With Call Control on, when a caller phones you for the first time, they’ll be prompted to enter a number on their keypad. If they enter it successfully, the call will go through to you, and they won’t be prompted again (as long as they’re one of your 25 most recent callers).
If they fail to enter the correct number, they’ll hear an automatic message that they’ve been prevented from reaching you. This screening process prevents robocalls from getting through, and is simple enough for real-life callers to pass.
You can add phone numbers to your Accepted list to avoid having them screened when they try to reach you. We highly recommend adding telephone numbers of frequent or important callers (e.g. family members, school office, doctor’s office, etc.) into the Accepted list, as well as anyone who doesn’t speak English. If you don’t want to receive calls from certain numbers at all, you can put them on your Blocked list.
|Accepted list||Maximum 25 numbers|
|Blocked list||Maximum 25 numbers|
|Call log||View last 10 calls|
If you wish to add up to 100 numbers to your Accepted and Blocked lists and view your last 100 calls, upgrade to Call Control Premium for just $3/month.
Call 1-800-400-2598 to upgrade.
Turning Call Control on
- Log in to
- Select the Call Control tab under Home Phone
- Follow the instructions on the tab to turn on Call Control
Customize Call Control
You can customize your preferences in. These customizations include:
- Adding numbers to your Accepted list, which ensures these callers always get through to you
- Adding numbers to your Blocked list, which ensures these callers never get through to you
- Viewing your last few calls and their specifics in the Call log, and allowing you to move those numbers directly to your Accepted or Blocked lists
Managing Call Control with IVR
Call Control can also be managed with IVR (Interactive Voice Response).
Dial *99 for English prompts.
IVR can be used to:
- Turn Call Control on
- Turn Call Control off
- Move any of your last 3 callers to your Allowed or Blocked list
Important things to note
- Call Control could screen out legitimate auto-dialed calls, like an automated recording notifying you of a package delivery
- Be sure to add anyone who doesn’t speak English to your Accepted list so they won’t be prompted