How to use a Duress Code
Duress codes are used when you are being forced to operate your security system against your will
What is a Duress Code?
You can set up a duress code to transmit a silent alarm to the central monitoring station. Use the duress code when someone is forcing you to operate your security system against your will.
How do I set up a Duress Code?
- Swipe down from the top by pressing the at the top of your screen to access the settings page
- Select Settings
- Select Advanced Settings
- Type in your master code
- Select User Management
- Edit your Duress user settings
- Enter a new four digit code as the new duress code. This should be different from your master code. Select OK
- To confirm the duress code, type in the 4 digit code from above
- Click Save
Using a Duress Code
- While the system is armed, you can type in your secret Duress code to send a silent signal to the monitoring center
- The operator may still come on 2-way voice over the system (if applicable), but they will also dispatch emergency response