Did you know you can even turn off your voicemail temporarily, for example, while you are on vacation? Here’s how to do it using extended absence greeting.
Extended absence greeting
An extended absence greeting lets you record an alternate greeting without deleting your standard or personal greeting. It can be used as an after hours message or for special instructions, for example, if you do not want to accept voicemail temporarily.
Add an extended absence greeting
To add an extended absence greeting, first dial into the voicemail system. Either:
- From your mobile device, dial 1 + your 10-digit cellular number + call
- From a landline, dial your 10-digit mobile number and select the star key to interrupt the system greeting
Note: Access from a landline only works if the voicemail initial set up was already completed. If you have never set up your voicemail, you can find details here.
When prompted for a password, enter your password. You are now in the main menu of the voicemail system:
- Select 4 for Personal options
- Select 3 for Greetings
- Select 3 for Extended absence greeting
- Select the # key to record your greeting
- Select a greeting (maximum 1 minute) and press the # key to end recording
- Select the # key to accept the greeting
Allow or disallow callers from leaving messages
To allow or disallow the ability for callers to leave messages after the greeting is played:
- Select 1 for Message deposit allowed after greeting
People will be able to leave you voicemail messages. The number of days the system keeps them depends on your voicemail type (e.g. Voicemail 10 will keep your messages for 10 days)
- Select 2 for Message deposit not allowed after greeting
Callers will hear your extended absence greeting but won’t have the option to leave you a voicemail.
Delete an extended absence greeting
To delete the extended absence greeting:
- Access your voicemail and enter your password
- Select 7 when prompted to delete the extended absence greeting
Download the handy TELUS Voicemail Quick Reference Guide for feature reference and helpful tips.