- My mailbox is locked
- I can’t remember my password
- First time access and set-up
- The mailbox is not responding when I press a key
My mailbox is locked
If the password for your voicemail was entered incorrectly three times in the same session then, as a security measure, the voicemail will be inaccessible for a short period of time. Follow the steps below:
- Hang up
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes
- The mailbox will unlock. Access your mailbox and try our password again
I can’t remember my password
Reset your password over the phone
- Call TELUS Interactive Voice Response (IVR) at 1-888-811-2323
- From the main menu select 1 for account balance, payment options and self-serve
- Select 3 to reset voicemail password
- You will be prompted to enter your TELUS account identification number or PIN. You can find your account identification number online from My TELUS or from your monthly invoice
Note: The PIN is the last 4 digits of your account number (as circled below), unless you’ve specifically requested it be changed.
- Your password will be set to your 10-digit home phone number. After the prompt, press 1 or say "Yes” to confirm. Password reset may take a few minutes, so access your mailbox later and follow the prompts to change it to a personal password
Reset your password online
- Log in to My TELUS
- On the account overview page, select Reset voicemail password
- You will be redirected to the Classic site
- Click on Reset voicemail password again on the right side of the screen
- Your password will be changed to your 10-digit phone number
First time access and set-up
Your mailbox number is your 10-digit phone number (your area code followed by your phone number).
To set up voicemail from your home phone
- Dial *98
- When asked to enter your password for the first time, enter your 10 digit phone number.
- Follow the recorded instructions to:
- Create your permanent password. Your password must be between 4 and 15 digits long. Choose a password that is hard for others to guess. Avoid using repetitive and sequential numbers such as 1111, 1234 etc
- Next, choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
Note: To protect your privacy and security, TELUS recommends you do not select the bypass option but instead require password use at all times by pressing * when prompted
- Record your name
- Record your personal greeting. This greeting is what callers will hear before they leave a message for you
- Your mailbox is now ready to use
- You can also check messages and manage your mailbox settings online including forwarding your voicemail to your e-mail. online. Please refer to Setting up your Web Access for additional steps
- If you subscribe to Family Extension option, please refer to Family Extension mailbox set-up for additional steps
- Press ** to exit. Whenever you exit your mailbox, you should press * until the system says "Goodbye"
Visit Home phone voicemail setup for detailed information on voicemail features.
The mailbox is not responding when I press a key
If you can’t access your voicemail or the system is not responding, verify that your phone is set to tone and not pulse. To activate tone:
- On your phone look for a switch that allows you to set your phone to tone. This is typically located along the sides of the phone
- Switch to tone