There are a few reasons a Z-Wave device might have difficulty connecting to a network. The list below has common causes to look for.
- Ensure the Z-Wave device is fully powered either by a wall outlet or with sufficiently charged batteries. Refer to the device's manual to determine the best power supply.
- Ensure the Z-Wave device is within range of either the hub or a Z-Wave device that acts as a repeater. (Typically AC-powered Z-Wave devices act as repeaters.)
- If the device is not compatible, it could have difficulty connecting to the network. Ensure the Z-Wave device is officially compatible with TELUS SmartHome. Visit TELUS SmartHome products & service plans to see a list of compatible devices.
- If the previous steps were taken, and the device still will not connect, try putting the hub into delete mode and tripping the device. Even if the device hasn't connected to the hub, it should still be able to be deleted. If the deletion is successful, try connecting the Z-Wave device again.
- If the Z-Wave device was unable to be deleted from the hub, turn the hub and device power off. Wait a moment then power the hub and device on. Try to delete the device again. If that doesn't work, the Z-Wave device may need to be replaced.