TELUS Track+ explained
Read more about Track+ updates and features
Posted June 22, 2022: TELUS is shutting down the TELUS Track+ service
On July 23, 2022 TELUS is shutting down the TELUS Track+ service. This means your Track+ device will no longer receive service from the TELUS network, and your TELUS Track+ app will no longer connect to your device.
Any outstanding Track+ device balance on your account as of July 23 will be waived, and rate plan charges for the Track+ service will be removed from your monthly bill going forward. Any late payment charges from previous months will not be credited.
Between now and July 23, some customers may experience disruptions in service. TELUS will be fully crediting Track+ service fees for the months of June and July for all customers to accommodate for any disruptions.
We have prepared the below FAQ to provide further information on what customers can expect.
Why are you discontinuing this service?
TELUS is always looking for ways to evolve our service and provide our customers with more benefits and value for their money. Unfortunately Track+ does not align with our plans.
What will happen to my current account and monthly rate plan charges?
If you have a Simple Share 1 GB Tracker plan, you will no longer be charged $5/month for this plan once Track+ is discontinued.
I have a Peace of Mind Connect Access plan, what will happen now that this device is no longer connected?
Your Peace of Mind Connect Access plan will be canceled along with Track+, your mobile device will continue to work with your current rate plan.
What will happen to my saved data?
As of July 23, 2022, you will no longer be able to view your Account History within the Track+ Mobile Application.
Can my device be unlocked and used on another provider?
No, the Track+ device is part of a proprietary solution, and cannot be unlocked and used with another provider.
February 16, 2021: Track+ no longer sold at TELUS update
As of February 16, 2021, we will no longer sell TELUS Track+. However, service will be maintained for existing customers and will receive notice should this change at any time.
You can still purchase accessories for your device.
About TELUS Track+ and its features
About TELUS Track+
TELUS Track+ provides you with peace of mind by helping you stay close to what matters most to you. TELUS Track+ is a small device that pairs with an app to track pets, kid’s backpacks, luggage and other valuable items across Canada and the USA using LTE networks.
- Have peace of mind: Check the location of your tracker at any time
- Be the first to know: Be notified when the tracker reaches its destination, or when the tracker enters or leaves a predefined area (Safety Zone) when you were not expecting it to
- Lost becomes found: Easily locate the things you care most about with instant updates
- Locate Now: Check your tracker's location at any time with the convenient Locate Now feature
- Custom Notifications: Choose your notification frequency and get automatic location updates from your Track+ app
- On-Device Ringer: Can't seem to find your tracker but know it's nearby? Activate the On-Device Ringer directly from the Track+ app
- Safety Zones: Create your own invisible boundaries for your tracker. You'll receive a notification when a tracker enters or leaves any Safety Zone
- Activity History: See where your tracker has been in the last 7 days
- Light Sensors: If the lighting around your tracker changes from dark to light, you'll know that your luggage or drawer was opened without you
What you need
You will need the following:
|iPhone 5 or newer with iOS 11.0 or newer||Android smartphone with Android 5.0 or newer|
|Activate TELUS Track+ on a post-paid (monthly) plan||Activate TELUS Track+ on a post-paid (monthly) plan|
How to setup your TELUS Track+
To set-up your device for the first time, follow these instructions:
- Download and open the TELUS Track+ app
- Sign into/create your account when prompted
- View and choose from the available TELUS Track+ plans*
- Set-up your profile as an "Admin"
- Follow the instructions on-screen to add a tracker
- Save your settings
Note: If you purchased a TELUS Track+ from a TELUS store or, this step will not appear since you already added a plan to your account.
TELUS Track+ collects certain information from your device:
- Device authentication
- Account/device Status
- Location information
- Visited URLs cache
Terms and conditions
For more information, visit the TELUS Track+ service terms at.
Frequently asked questions
What can I use Track+ for?
- Pets: Keep an eye on your pets, wherever they go. With the included pet collar accessory, you’ll be notified by the TELUS Track+ app if your pet leaves or enters custom Safety Zones like your house or backyard
- Kid’s backpacks: Attach the tracker to your child’s backpack and have peace of mind that the tracker has made it to its destination safely with instant updates and personalized alerts, so you can keep an eye on what matters most
- Luggage: Track the location of your luggage in Canada and the US*, and with built-in light sensors, be alerted if someone opens your bag when you’re not there
- More: Whether it’s a bike, a high-end camera or a purse, have peace of mind that you can find your belongings with TELUS Track+
*Track+ has coverage in all states, including Alaska and Hawaii, Guam, Northern Marianna Islands, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
How can I get TELUS Track+?
View to learn more and buy the product.
Do I need a TELUS phone/mobility line to get TELUS Track+?
No. Even if you have a different mobility carrier, you can purchase a TELUS Track+. Buy now at .
Do I need a plan for my TELUS Track+ to work?
Yes, browse our .
How many devices/members can I add to my account?
You can connect up to 10 trackers to your TELUS Track+ account and up to 5 smartphones.
Can I access my TELUS Track+ account from a computer or web browser?
No, but you can enjoy all the benefits of Track+ from the Track+ app on your smartphone.
What is the difference between an "Admin" and a "Viewer"?
Admin profiles are assigned to people who are allowed to manage the TELUS Track+ account. Admin can perform these actions:
- Send invitations to others to join the account
- Manage tracker profile settings
- Create/remove users
- Add/remove trackers
- Create/delete Safety Zones
Viewer profiles are restricted from managing the account. Viewers can locate trackers on the map, view a tracker’s location history, ring the tracker and receive notifications.
How do I add/remove someone to my Track+ account?
Only an admin can add or remove a user.
To add/invite a user:
- Open the Track+ app
- Select the menu icon (3 lines) at the top-left of the app homepage
- Select Add User/Tracker
- Select User
- Select a contact from your contact list or tap Add manually
To remove a user:
- Tap on the tracker in the homepage view
- Select the three vertical dots in the top right
- Select Remove
How do I add/remove a tracker?
Only an admin can add or remove a tracker.
To add a tracker:
- Open the Track+ app
- On the app homepage, tap the circle with the + sign or select the menu icon (3 lines) and tap Add Tracker/User
- Select Tracker
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Scan the QR code on the back of the tracker or type the serial number
To remove a tracker:
- Tap on the tracker in the homepage view
- Select the three vertical dots in the top right
- Select Remove
How do I know if the tracker is on or off?
Quickly press the power button once. If the light blinks yellow, your tracker is on.
If the light does not flash yellow, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and the light should flash red, yellow, green and beep. This will let you know that the tracker has been turned on.
If the light does not flash upon quick or long press of the power button, place the tracker on the charger and you should see a yellow light. Once the light turns to green, your tracker is fully charged and you can press and hold the power button to turn it on.
How do I charge the tracker?
Using the charging cable that came with the tracker, align the 4 charging terminals on the charger with the charging terminals on the back of the tracker. The charger has magnets to help position the tracker properly.
When connected to the charger, the light on the tracker will be solid yellow to show it is charging or solid green to show it is fully charged.
How long does the battery last?
There are many contributing factors that impact battery life. For most users, a charge will last between 2 to 5 days.
Here are ways to increase the battery life:
- Increase the time between location updates your tracker’s usage profile settings
- Turn off ambient light notifications
- Limit the number of Safety Zones
What does the battery usage mean in the tracker profile?
The battery usage shows the impact (high, medium, low) of the tracker profile settings you have selected. The more frequent the location updates, the higher the impact on the tracker’s battery life.
Where does the tracker work? Which networks work?
Track+ can be used anywhere in Canada and the USA provided that 4G LTE wireless network coverage is available, either by TELUS or a partner network.
You can also see the location of the tracker device, using the app from nearly anywhere in the world.
What does US roaming allow me to do?
Your TELUS Track+ device will roam free of charge anywhere in the US.
Your smartphone can be used anywhere in the world to check the Track+ app while roaming or on Wi-Fi. Standard smartphone data roaming charges will apply.
Can I use TELUS Track+ on an airplane?
Given that Transport Canada regulations change from time to time, travellers should check Transport Canada guidelines and the airlines prior to taking a tracker on an airplane. Track+ may lose connection temporarily on an airplane.
How does the tracker determine its location?
The tracker uses nearby Wi-Fi networks, GPS and cellular towers to reliably provide its location.
How do I find my tracker’s location? What does “Locate Now” do?
Using the TELUS Track+ app, press Locate Now to find your tracker’s location instantly. The Locate Now feature will update the map with your tracker’s location.
Can I see the history of my tracker’s location?
Yes, you can see up to 7 days of location history in the app by tapping any history record in the tracker’s activity.
What is a Safety Zone?
In the Track+ app, you can define a designated coverage area like your home, a school or an office, and receive notifications when anyone or anything carrying the tracker enters or leaves that area. We call this invisible boundary a Safety Zone (or geofence).
You have the ability to add and remove Safety Zones and turn on or off Safety Zone alerts.
Is there a limit on how many Safety Zones I can create?
Yes, there is a limit of 20 Safety Zones.
What does the “Ring” feature do?
Are you wondering where you placed your tracker? Using the TELUS Track+ app, you can tap on Ring to find it. The tracker will ring and the LED light will shine red for 2 minutes. Once you have found the tracker, simply tap on the power button on the tracker to stop the ringing.
Please note you will have to wait 2 minutes before pressing Ring again.
How can I alert all users about the whereabouts of the tracker?
If you press the power button 3 times on your tracker, all users on your TELUS Track+ account will receive an alert on the app.
What is a light sensor?
The tracker has a built-in light sensor and can notify you if it detects a change in light from darkness to brightness. If you have ever wondered if someone is going through your luggage or bag, now you will have peace of mind.
You have the ability to turn the light sensor notification on and off as desired.
Why can’t I log in? What do I do when I forget my password?
To log in to the TELUS Track+ app, you must have a My TELUS account. If you forget your password, you can and it will automatically update the password for this app.
What happens when I want to exchange or upgrade my phone that has the TELUS Track+ app on it?
After you complete your phone upgrade/swap, if the phone belongs to the Track+ admin, then you will need to download the app and sign in. If the device belongs to a viewer in your Track+ account, then an admin needs to invite that person again.
What happens when I want to exchange or upgrade my tracker?
Remove your old tracker from your TELUS Track+ app first. Add your new tracker to your account on the app.
What happens when I cancel and resume my service?
Upon resuming your Track+ service with TELUS, you will need to powercycle the tracker by pressing and holding the power button for ~7 seconds to turn off the device, then repeat the steps to turn the device on.
Does the tracker receive software updates?
Yes, the tracker will periodically check for and install software updates automatically. Also, every time you restart the tracker, it will check for firmware updates.