Welcome to the TELUS Rewards program (the “Program”). The Program is offered by TELUS to select customers with eligible services allowing them to earn and redeem TELUS Rewards points in a variety of ways. There is no fee or charge to you for participating in the Program.
1. These Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time (the “Agreement”) govern the Program and your participation in the Program. You agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. As you read through this Agreement, please note that: “us”, “our” and “TELUS” refer to TELUS Communications Inc.; and “you” and “your” refer to you the participant in the Program.
Customers must accept Terms and Conditions in order to access your rewards account.
2. In addition to the words defined throughout this Agreement, the following definitions apply.
- “Account in Good Standing” means that none of your Eligible Service accounts are in collections or under suspended service status.
- “Catalogue” means the Program catalogue which displays currently available Rewards, and the amount of Points required for those Rewards, all as determined by TELUS from time to time in its sole discretion.
- “Eligible Service” means certain services that make you eligible to participate in the Program as determined by TELUS from time to time in its sole discretion and could include one or more of the following: (a) one or more TELUS Service(s) excluding mobility; or (b) any other services relating to TELUS that TELUS deems as an Eligible Service. TELUS reserves the right to add or withdraw Eligible Service(s) without notice. Please visit your Rewards Account for the current list of Eligible Service(s).
- “Points” means points that can be earned, issued and redeemed through the Program.
- “Rewards” means eligible goods and services available in exchange for Points and displayed in the Catalogue.
- “Rewards Account” means the online account linked from My TELUS in your individual name to record your activity in the Program including the accumulation and redemption of Points.
- “TELUS Service” means eligible TELUS branded services, including Optik TV, Satellite TV, internet or home phone services, as available from time to time, but excluding mobility.
3. TELUS Rewards is available to new and existing customers that have a combination of three or more home service products including Home Phone, Home Internet, Satellite TV and/or Optik TV. Customers with a TELUS mobility account must consolidate or link their account to qualify for a third or fourth product. For example, if you have Optik TV, Internet and mobility, you must consolidate or link your TELUS mobility account to be eligible for TELUS Rewards. Rewards eligibility is subject to change without notice. See terms and conditions for further information: telus.com/rewardsserviceterms. For more information about linking your TELUS mobility account call 1-888-811-2323.
4. Self-enrolment is not currently available.
5. Eligibility to participate in the Program also depends on if: (a) you are a natural person, (b) you are a customer with an Eligible Service, and (c) you have an Account in Good Standing.
6. No corporation, trust, partnership or other entity is eligible to participate in the Program.
7. Enrolment in the Program means your Rewards Account will automatically be created. It is your responsibility to verify the Points when they are posted to your Rewards Account and notify us promptly of any errors. In the event of an error, our only responsibility is to correct the error. To ensure that you have time to confirm the Points balance in your Rewards Account is correct, TELUS gives you thirty (30) days from the date the Points are applied to your Rewards Account to review your balance and contact TELUS with any dispute. After the thirty (30) days, all Points appearing in your Rewards Account are deemed to be valid. However, TELUS reserves the right to adjust the Points balance if TELUS has improperly credited Points to your Rewards Account. Our records of Points earned and redeemed will be final, conclusive and binding on you. TELUS may audit your Rewards Account to determine your compliance with this Agreement.
8. You are responsible for your Rewards Account and for the activities of anyone who uses it. To prevent unauthorized use, you must maintain the confidentiality of the login names, passwords and other identification methods that you use to access My TELUS as it is tied to your Rewards Account. TELUS is not responsible for any loss arising from unauthorized use of your Rewards Account or your failure to comply with these provisions.
9. You must advise TELUS immediately of any change to your contact information (including your email address, address or phone number(s)) on My TELUS.
10. By enrolling in the Program, you consent to receive Program newsletters as well as other communications about the Program, including without limitation special offers and rewards.
11. The Program is based on a points system.
12. You will earn Points worth 2% of on eligible TELUS home services including monthly recurring charges on Home Phone, Internet, Optik TV, Satellite TV and Pik TV, any overages, features, and pay-per-use, video on demand purchases, all rental charges and customer premise equipment, and all product-level credits and adjustments. Bill on behalf of, discounts, penalty charges and taxes and employee discounts are excluded. For example, if you spend $50 on your monthly home services, you will earn the equivalent of 2% of the monthly spend in points, i.e. 1 point.
13. You can earn a maximum of 1,500 Points during your participation with the Program. Once this limit has been reached, you will no longer earn additional Points.
14. If you are a TELUS Service account owner, you will earn Points for completing specified activities on your TELUS Service account. Please visit your Rewards Account for full details on how a TELUS Service account owner can earn Points.
15. From time to time, TELUS may offer additional Points, Points‐earning accelerators, bonuses or promotional offers (collectively “Offer”). Each Offer will be conditional upon you satisfying the conditions set out in the applicable Offer, and subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any additional terms and conditions associated with the applicable Offer.
16. Your Points have no cash value, and may not be redeemed for cash, merchandise, or any other benefit except benefits under the Program. There is no cash surrender value for unused Points, and you have no property rights or other legal interests in Points. Points are personal and cannot be assigned, traded, willed, or otherwise transferred without the prior written consent of TELUS. Any attempt to assign, trade, will or otherwise transfer your Points without the prior written consent of TELUS, may in the discretion of TELUS result in the cancellation of your Points and the closure of your Rewards Account.
17. In the event of a return or exchange of any purchase for which Points were earned, Points will be deducted automatically from your Rewards Account. Your Points balance will be reduced by the equivalent number of Points issued for the returned or exchanged item on the original transaction.
18. Points must be redeemed during the operation of the Program for Rewards offered through the Catalogue.
19. Points can only be redeemed if: (a) you have an Account in Good Standing; and (b) the required Point redemption level is acquired and posted to your Rewards Account prior to the redemption transaction. Your Points balance will be reduced by the number of Points required to acquire the desired Reward. Unredeemed Points plus any future Points earned, will remain in your Rewards Account and can be applied to subsequent transactions. You may be asked to authenticate your identity when redeeming Points to protect the integrity of your Rewards Account. If you cannot authenticate your identity, then you will not be able to redeem your Points.
20. Points cannot be refunded and Rewards cannot be returned or exchanged under any circumstances, except as determined by TELUS in its sole discretion. Not all Rewards will be suitable for use with all TELUS equipment, plans and packages. It is your responsibility to ensure you meet any technical, equipment or service requirements associated with a specific Reward. Certain Rewards may have an expiry date or additional terms and conditions associated with such Rewards, which in each case will be detailed in the Catalogue entry or set out in other materials associated with the redemption of such Rewards.
21. You are responsible for any tax liability arising from your participation in the Program including the redemption of Points for Rewards. You will be responsible for the reporting of any income tax benefits and the payment of any taxes arising from the redemption of Points for Rewards.
22. Points in your Rewards Account will not expire, unless your TELUS account is suspended or your TELUS Service(s) are cancelled. Your Points will expire ninety (90) days after your TELUS account is suspended or your TELUS Service(s) are cancelled.
Program changes, suspension and termination
23. TELUS may at any time, on thirty (30) days’ written notice to you, (a) restrict, suspend, amend, extend or otherwise change the Program or certain aspects of the Program, or (b) terminate the Program.
24. TELUS may immediately, without notice to you, (a) suspend or terminate your participation in the Program, or (b) cancel your Rewards Account and Points, in each case upon becoming aware of: (i) any fraud or abuse committed by you relating to the Program, (ii) any misrepresentation of information provided by you as a participant in the Program, or (iii) your failure to follow the terms and conditions of this Agreement, any other terms and conditions referenced in this Agreement, or the terms and conditions of any TELUS Service agreement(s) governing the applicable TELUS Service.
25. All decisions regarding the interpretation of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the administration of the Program, and any disputes arising therefrom, will be resolved by TELUS in its sole discretion.
26. The warranty disclaimers section, the limitation of liability section and the indemnification section, will in each case survive any termination of this Agreement.
27. TELUS will protect with appropriate security safeguards all personal information collected about you or from you in connection with the Program, such as, but not restricted to: name, address, phone number(s), billing account number and total monthly spend on TELUS Service(s) (“Personal Information”). You agree that any Personal Information and other information you provide to us in connection with the Program (including your Rewards Account) is up-to-date and accurate, and to notify us of any change to such information.
28. By participating in the Program you consent to TELUS collecting, using and storing your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes: (a) to set up and administer the Program including ongoing management of your Rewards Account, including to record Points and to update Point balances; (b) to process Point redemptions and issue Rewards; (c) to allow you to participate in promotions and contests; (d) to communicate with you and to deliver a Program e-newsletter; (e) to understand your needs and preferences; (f) to market and promote TELUS products and services; and (g) to provide you with special offers from TELUS and our reward partners.
29. TELUS will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to: (a) fulfill any of the purposes set out in this Agreement, or (b) comply with law, regulatory requests and orders issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
30. TELUS will only use Personal Information in accordance with the purposes specified in this Agreement and the TELUS Privacy Commitment. For more information about TELUS’ Privacy Commitment, and information about how TELUS may collect, use, store or share your Personal Information or your right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from TELUS, please contact TELUS directly by calling 1 800 567 0000 or go to www.telus.com/privacy.
31. All trademarks, copyright, brand concepts, names, logos and designs used in connection with the Program are intellectual property assets, registered or otherwise, of, or used under license by, TELUS or of one of its affiliates. All are recognized as valuable assets of their respective owners, and may not be displayed or used by you in any manner for commercial purposes or copied in any manner for any purpose without the express prior written permission of TELUS.
32. TELUS makes no warranty of any kind regarding the Program, which is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. TELUS expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the Program will be error-free. TELUS further disclaims any warranty as to the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of any content or information distributed with respect to the Program. To the fullest extent permitted by law, legal warranties and conditions (implied or statutory) do not apply to the Program.
33. TELUS is not responsible for damages arising out of your act, default, neglect or omission related to your participation in the Program.
Limitation of liability
34. To the fullest extent permitted by law, TELUS and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors will not be liable to you or to any other person for any damages or expenses (including loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of business opportunities, loss of data, economic loss or other similar loss, or punitive damages) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Program, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, and whether claimed in contract, tort or otherwise.
35. TELUS assumes no liability to you whatsoever, including without limitation, liability by reason of the termination of or amendment to the Program in whole or in part, limitations on the use of the Points earned or any change to Reward levels.
36. TELUS is not liable for the product or delivery of service of any partner.
37. In no event will TELUS’ liability with respect to Points, including liability for negligence or breach of contract, be greater than the Points accumulated in your Rewards Account at the time the dispute arose.
38. If any person makes a claim against TELUS in connection with: (a) your participation in the Program, (b) activities related to your Rewards Account, or (c) your acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Rewards, in each case you will indemnify TELUS and its affiliates against any loss or expense that TELUS may incur, including any judgment made against us.
Notification procedures and changes to this Agreement
39. TELUS reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, and you agree to receive legal notices via email to the address specified on your Rewards Account. TELUS may revise this Agreement from time to time and the most current version will always be posted in your Rewards Account. TELUS will notify you if a revision is material as determined by us in our sole discretion. By your continued participation in the Program, you are deemed to accept any change or update to this Agreement.
40. To contact us regarding the Program, please visit us online at www.telus.com/contact.
41. Except as expressly stated herein, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and TELUS with respect to the Program. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement will continue be valid and enforceable. Our failure to enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement does not mean TELUS has waived any provision or right.