Device Care extends the manufacturer’s warranty for an additional two years and provides three year coverage for accidental damage.
Device Care provides protection against up to two incidents during a continuous 24-month period. It also includes premium service experience, peace of mind and next-day shipping of a replacement device.
Note: TELUS Device Care is once again available in Manitoba.
To check your Device Care coverage, you can check your status here or by visiting telus.com/checkwarranty.
How it works
You can buy TELUS Device Care within the first 60 days of purchasing, activating, or renewing your smartphone
Note: Device Care is available for all devices except Apple iPhone. iPhone owners can purchase AppleCare+ with a choice of monthly or upfront payment options.
What is covered
- Provides coverage for accidental damage and extends manufacturer's warranty for two additional years
- Provides protection against up to two damage incidents during a continuous 24-month period
- Ability to file a claim over the phone or online and a replacement device is shipped to you the very next business day
What isn’t covered
- A lost or stolen device
- Changes or enhancements to your phone
- Abuse, misuse, or intentional acts
- Problems with the phone before your enrolment was in effect
- Failure caused by computer viruses
- Any cosmetic damage
- Manufactures defects during the first year, i.e. a device malfunction within first 12 months – this is covered at no cost through the standard TELUS repair program
For more details about TELUS Device Care, visit phoneclaim.com/telus
What it costs
TELUS Device Care costs $9/month on your TELUS bill plus device dependent service replacement fees at the time of incident.
Service replacement fee schedule
|Tier||Non MB SRF||MB Deductible|
Note: Taxes are additional, except in MB.
Device Care covers all TELUS Mobility devices, except for the Apple iPhone (iPhone owners can purchase AppleCare+), tablets, aircards, CDMA devices, Smart Hubs, internet keys, and IDEM devices.
Standard accessories included in the original device packaging, if they are part of the loss to the covered device, such as standard battery, home charger, and SIM card.
How to purchase
Any TELUS customer can purchase Device Care at a TELUS Store either when activating or renewing a wireless device, or within 60 days of activating or renewing.
How to cancel
Monthly TELUS Device Care customers are able to cancel the feature whenever they want, either by having a sales representative cancelling it in-store or by calling TELUS Customer Care.
Device Care only covers the original device and subscriber at time of purchase and cannot be transferred between devices or subscribers.
Filing a service request
To file a service request a customer can, within 60 days of the incident occurring, either:
- Call Asurion at 1-866-281-4537
- Submit online at phoneclaim.com/telus.
You will need the following information when filing a service request:
- Phone number of the mobile device
- IMEI number
- Postal code
- Device manufacturer and model (i.e. Samsung S6, Blackberry PRIV)
- A credit card to pay the service replacement fee
Note: If your phone is lost or stolen, call TELUS immediately to suspend service and prevent unauthorized usage.
Receiving your replacement device
The replacement device will typically reach you within 24 hours of your request. It may take longer in certain remote locations of Canada.
Manitoba Residents Only
The TELUS Device Care program in Manitoba is an insurance program (underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company) with different fees and terms. In Manitoba, the deductibles are $35, $125, $165, $250, and $315. For complete details, see terms and conditions at www.phoneclaim.com/telus.
- For more information, visit phoneclaim.com/telus
- Customer enrolled in Device Care between July 16, 2107 and Mar 21, 208 will continue to carry current service terms and service charges except the program term would remain 24 months
- Customer enrolled in Device Care before Jul 16, 2017 will continue to carry old terms and service replacement charges. For more details visit legacy Device Care
- Refer complete terms and conditions at www.phoneclaim.com/telus