20. The Services may be used only for lawful purposes. You agree that you will not:
1. Post, upload, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit unauthorized or unsolicited commercial messages or other “spam”
2. Obstruct or bypass equipment identification procedures
3. Engage in unauthorized equipment or network trespass
4. Post, upload, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit any data, information or software that constitutes a virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful component
5. Post, upload, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit information or materials where such activity gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violate the rights or assist others to violate the rights of TELUS or any third party. Such violations include but are not limited to engaging in copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement, patent infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets and defamation
6. Post, upload, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise transmit information or materials where such activity constitutes a criminal offence or otherwise engage in or assist others to engage in any criminal offence. Such offences include, but are not limited to, public incitement or willful promotion of hatred, pyramid selling, unauthorized use of a computer or equipment, mischief in relation to data, fraud, defamatory libel, obscenity, child pornography, harassment, stalking and uttering threats
7. Engage in threatening, harassing, or stalking behaviours with other users
8. Threaten, abuse or harass any TELUS customer representative
9. Otherwise violate TELUS' Acceptable Use Policy at telus.com/aup, as it may be updated from time to time
10. Use or register TELUS' trade-marks, trade names, trade dress or logos, including without limitation any such trade-marks, trade names, trade dress or logos displayed on any website(s) operated by TELUS, without TELUS' express prior written permission
11. Share, resell, reproduce, copy, distribute or redistribute any portion of, use of or access to, the Services or exploit the same for any commercial purposes, except where expressly authorized by TELUS
12. Allow any other person or entity to engage in any of the foregoing activities while using your Services account
21. If at any time you become aware of any violation, by any person or entity, of the acceptable use rules set out in this Acceptable Use Of The Services Section, which involves your account, you agree to immediately notify TELUS and provide TELUS with assistance, as requested, to stop and/or remedy such violation.
22. Without limiting any of TELUS' rights to suspend, restrict or terminate your Services account as described elsewhere in this Agreement, TELUS may suspend, restrict or terminate your Services account or access without notice if, in TELUS' sole and absolute discretion, you have violated any of the acceptable use rules set out in this Acceptable Use Of The Services Section of the Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that TELUS shall not be responsible or liable to you or any third party for any suspension, restriction or termination of your account or your access to the Services.
23. TELUS prohibits cheating and reserves the right to take steps to continuously improve anti-cheating measures. For the purposes of this Agreement, cheating (“Cheating”) includes any action that attempts to or actually does alter or interfere with the normal behavior or rules of the Services. Cheating includes, but is not limited to, any of the following, whether on your own behalf or on behalf of others:
1. Accessing the Services in an unauthorized manner (including using modified or unofficial third party software);
2. Playing with multiple accounts
3. Sharing accounts;
4. Using any technique to alter or falsify a device’s location (for example through GPS spoofing); and/or
5. Selling or trading accounts.
24. The Services may not work on devices or equipment that TELUS detects or reasonably suspects to be cheating, and TELUS will not provide support to users who attempt to cheat. You agree that TELUS may employ any lawful mechanisms to detect and respond to cheating, fraud, and other behavior prohibited under this Agreement, including checking your account and usage for the existence of exploits or hacking and/or unauthorized activity.
25. While you are using the Services, you have a duty to be aware of your surroundings, and play and communicate safely. You agree that your use of the Services is at your own risk.
26. You agree that while using the Services, you will maintain safe and appropriate contact with other players and other people in the real world. You will not harass, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others. You will not trespass, or in any manner attempt to gain or gain access to any property or location where you do not have a right or permission to be, and will not otherwise engage in any activity that may result in injury, death, property damage, nuisance, or liability of any kind. If you have a dispute with any third party relating to your use of Services, you release TELUS (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.