Smart Ring service gives you a second phone number on your existing phone line.
Long distance charges apply to both numbers and are based on the plan you have on your home phone account. Log in to your Account to view your long distance plans.
- A distinctive ring will alert you to calls to your Smart Ring number
- It shares the same line as the primary line
- If you also subscribe to Call Waiting, a distinctive beep lets you know that a second caller is phoning your Smart Ring number
- To use a fax machine with a distinctive ring, a compatible fax machine needs to be configured. Refer to your owner’s manual for instructions
Custom ringtonesIf your telephone is using a custom ringtone, the phone will play its own tune rather than the Smart Ring tone. To fix this:
- Go to your phone ringer settings
- Deactivate the custom ringtone and set the ringer to a setting that is compatible with distinctive rings
- Refer to your telephone user manual for directions on how to change the ringer setting
Using Smart Ring with a fax machine
If Smart Ring is being used for a fax number, make sure you have a compatible fax machine. Consult your owner's manual to see if your fax machine is compatible and how to set up your fax machine for Smart Ring.