Frequently asked questions related to Smart Hub
Find answers to common Smart Hub-related questions.
Qualification for TELUS High Speed Internet with Smart Hub
- TELUS provides Smart Hub services only in selected communities to ensure that customers using internet service in these areas get an optimal experience. Since it is a wireless service, speed and signal strength may vary with your configuration, internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors. For a description of TELUS network management practices, visit and
- Since this service is available in selected communities, customers have to make sure their address is qualified for service via the qualification tool on
- Steps and options to enter your address are available on the webpage
- If your address qualifies for the service, you can reach the nearest dealership and subscribe to the service.
- Please note that if your address does not qualify, we will not be able to offer you Smart Hub services at this time. However, it is our constant endeavour to expand this service. So, we request you to check back in the future for service availability
Can I move my Smart Hub?
No. TELUS High Speed Internet with Smart Hub is a fixed internet connection that can only be used at your designated service location.
What happens if I move my Smart Hub to another location?
Your internet service will be blocked and you will be notified via email. To resume your TELUS High Speed Internet with Smart Hub, you will need to move the hub back to its designated service location or follow the instructions from the email to get your service unblocked. If your email address has changed, please call 1-866-641-5215 to update it and to ensure you receive the service notifications.
What if I’m not receiving the block email?
To receive service notifications via email, you will need to have a valid email address on your TELUS account. Please check your My TELUS account profile to ensure your email address is correct.
What if I’m moving?
Please call 1-866-641-5215 to change your service address.
What if I want a second Smart Hub installed at another location?
You first need to qualify for the second service address. If it qualifies for service, you can subscribe to the service by contacting your nearest Smart Hub dealership.
Can I play peer-2-peer (P2P) online gaming with Smart Hub?
Please call 1-866-641-5215 for more details on how to enable gaming on any online gaming console, including Xbox, Playstation and Nintendo.
Will my security system work with Smart Hub?
TELUS SmartHome Security System is compatible with Smart Hub. Third-party security systems that require a wired service are not guaranteed to work with Smart Hub. Please discuss the requirements with your current security system provider for details to ensure compatibility.
What is Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi is a technology that connects your devices, such as your tablet, smartphone or laptop, to the internet without the need for a physical wired connection. This network technology transmits radio signals to and from your Smart Hub so that you can browse webpages, stream videos or play online games.
Why is Wi-Fi important?
When connecting by Wi-Fi, you benefit from the freedom and convenience of accessing the internet throughout your home on Wi-Fi-enabled devices, such as tablets or smartphones, that do not have wired connections. You and your family can also benefit from connecting to shared devices, such as your home printer, throughout your home.
What are some factors that affect Wi-Fi?
Here are some .
Wi-Fi speed and coverage explained
Find more information on .
Sharing your Wi-Fi bandwidth
Your Wi-Fi bandwidth is shared across all connected devices in your home. Using up this bandwidth can impact the speed and performance of your device. Find more information on.
Sharing the same frequency can slow down or disrupt your Wi-Fi service. This is particularly problematic in multi-dwelling units where a neighbour’s Wi-Fi can be operating on the same frequency.
If you continue to experience congestion issues, contact us to discuss other solutions.