Your mailbox number is your 10-digit phone number (your area code followed by your phone number).
To set up voicemail from your home phone
- Dial *98
- When asked to enter your password for the first time, enter your 10 digit phone number.
- Follow the recorded instructions to:
- Create your permanent password. Your password must be between 4 and 15 digits long. Choose a password that is hard for others to guess. Avoid using repetitive and sequential numbers such as 1111, 1234 etc
- Next, choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
Note: To protect your privacy and security, TELUS recommends you do not select the bypass option but instead require password use at all times by pressing * when prompted
- Record your name
- Record your personal greeting. This greeting is what callers will hear before they leave a message for you
- Your mailbox is now ready to use
- You can also check messages and manage your mailbox settings online including forwarding your voicemail to your e-mail. online. Please refer to Setting up your Web Access for additional steps
- If you subscribe to Family Extension option, please refer to Family Extension mailbox set-up for additional steps
- Press ** to exit. Whenever you exit your mailbox, you should press * until the system says "Goodbye"
Star and Pound keys
Use the star and pound keys on your phone when you are in your mailbox to:
- Pound key (#): Complete an entry or skip instructions
- Star key (*): Return to a previous menu
- Star key twice (* *) from the Main Menu to exit your mailbox
You can choose which greeting callers will hear when you're unavailable:
- Personal greeting: This is a greeting that you record using your own voice. Your greeting may be up to 60 seconds long
- Standard system greeting: If you don't want to use your own greeting, you can use the standard system greeting which will tell callers you are unavailable
Accessing Your Mailbox
To access your mailbox from your home phone, dial *98
When away from home:
- Call your ten-digit home number and select star (*) during your greeting
- From within Canada, call 1-844-310-9898 toll free.
- Outside of Canada, use step 1 above
- Set up your voicemail to e-mail notification so you can retrieve your messages anywhere you can get e-mail.