Your mailbox number is your 10-digit phone number (your area code followed by your phone number).
To set up voicemail from your home phone
- Dial *98
- When asked to enter your password for the first time, enter your 10 digit phone number.
- Follow the recorded instructions to:
- Create your permanent password. Your password must be between 4 and 15 digits long. Choose a password that is hard for others to guess. Avoid using repetitive and sequential numbers such as 1111, 1234 etc
- Next, choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
Note: To protect your privacy and security, TELUS recommends you do not select the bypass option but instead require password use at all times by pressing * when prompted
- Record your name
- Record your personal greeting. This greeting is what callers will hear before they leave a message for you
- Your mailbox is now ready to use
- You can also check messages and manage your mailbox settings online including forwarding your voicemail to your e-mail. online. Please refer to Setting up your Web Access for additional steps
- If you subscribe to Family Extension option, please refer to Family Extension mailbox set-up for additional steps
- Press ** to exit. Whenever you exit your mailbox, you should press * until the system says "Goodbye"
Star and Pound keys
Use the star and pound keys on your phone when you are in your mailbox to:
- Pound key (#): Complete an entry or skip instructions
- Star key (*): Return to a previous menu
- Star key twice (* *) from the Main Menu to exit your mailbox
Accessing Your Mailbox
To access your mailbox from your home phone, dial *98
When away from home:
- Call your ten-digit home number and select star (*) during your greeting
- From within Canada, call 1-844-310-9898 toll free.
- Outside of Canada, use step 1 above
- Set up your voicemail to e-mail notification so you can retrieve your messages anywhere you can get e-mail.
During initial mailbox set-up, you were prompted to record your main personal greeting. If you turn your main greeting off, a system greeting will play to callers instead.
If you choose to use a system greeting, your recorded name will be played as part of that greeting. This allows callers to know they have reached the right mailbox.
To record and play your main greeting:
- From the main menu, press 31
- To play your main greeting select 1
- To record or re-record your main greeting select 2
- To turn your main greeting on or off select 3. Turning off your main greeting will cause the system greeting to play instead
To record and play your name:
- From the main menu press 443
- To play your name select 1
- To re-record your name select 2
- To delete your name select 3
Note: Your 10-digit phone number will be used instead of your recorded name to identify your mailbox when:
- You choose to use a system greeting to play to callers
- Other mailbox subscribers press 2 to send you a message from their mailbox
Extended absence greeting
This will override all other greetings and schedules and will be the only greeting callers will hear until you turn it off.
- From your main menu, press 34
- To play your extended absence greeting select 1
- To record or re-record your extended absence greeting select 2
- To turn extended absence greeting on or off select 4
- To allow or not allow message deposit when extended absence greeting is on, select 5
You can record a greeting that is played to callers when your line is busy.
- From your main menu, press 32
- To play your busy greeting select 1
- To record a busy greeting select 2
- To turn your recorded busy greeting on or off select 4
- To turn a system busy greeting on or off select 5
You can record additional greetings and schedule them to play at specific times or days of the week.
- From your main menu, press 35
- To create your greeting schedule select 1
- To review your greeting schedule select 2
- To manage greetings in a schedule select 3
- To record or re-record a schedule greeting select 2
- To turn your greeting schedule on or off, select 5
- To delete your entire greeting schedule, select 7
You can record a special greeting and schedule it to play on a particular day (e.g. New Year’s day).
- From the main menu press 33
- To play your holiday greeting select 1
- To record a holiday greeting select 2
- To schedule your holiday greeting select 5