Your voicemail is ready to accept messages as soon as it’s added to your account. Until you set up your voicemail will hear the default system greeting. You are only 2 simple steps away from using your new voicemail!
Note: You will be charged regular airtime rates (or use your included minutes) when setting up and using voice mail.
Step 1: Access your mobile voicemail
From your mobile device, hold down the 1 key. This will dial your voicemail access number. Or, you can call your own 10-digit mobile phone number from your mobile phone, this will also bring you to your voicemail.
Step 2: Set up your mobile voicemail
From voicemail, follow the prompts to set up Password, record your Name and your Personal Greeting.
- When prompted enter a password between 4 and 15 digits long. Choose a password that is hard for others to guess. Avoid using repetitive and sequential numbers such as 1111, 1234, etc
- Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
- Tip: You will hear an option to “Bypass Password” every time you access your voicemail from your mobile phone. To protect your privacy and security, TELUS recommends you do not select this bypass option. If you choose not to bypass password, please press * when prompted.
- Record your Name and Personal Greeting.
- Tip: Name and Personal Greeting is optional. If you do not want to record your name and personal greeting, the caller will still hear a default system greeting.
- When finished, you may hang up or press * ** to end the call.
Download the handy TELUS Voicemail Quick Reference Guide to reference features and helpful tips.
Visual Voicemail is available for iPhone and select Android phones, try it out!