Factory resetting your modem will put all the settings back to default values. Any devices that were previously connected will need to be reconnected to the default Wi-Fi network name and password after the factory reset. You should only do this if you are instructed to do so by one of our agents or one of our support articles.
To reset your Actiontec T3200M to its original factory settings:
- Locate the red reset button on the back of the device.
- Using a thin object (e.g. a pushpin, paper clip or toothpick), press and hold the reset button until the Internet light turns red.
- Release the reset button.
- Your TELUS modem will restart automatically.
- Please allow up to 10 minutes for the process to complete.
- To reconnect to your modem, you will need to use the default Wi-Fi name and password listed on the sticker on the side of your modem.
Performing a factory reset on the TELUS Advanced Wi-Fi modem (Actiontec T3200M) will enable TELUS Smart Wi-Fi on your modem. This technology allows your modem to switch frequencies (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) automatically, depending on your connectivity needs. Enabling TELUS Smart Wi-Fi also means you will no longer see your individual ‘2.4G’ or ‘5G’ networks and they will now appear as one consolidated network.
Factory resetting your modem will erase and reset any customized Wi-Fi name and password you may have. If you require assistance setting up a customized network name and password visit Change your Wi-Fi network's name and password.
Note: Restarting or resetting your modem may only provide a temporary fix to your problem. If the issue reoccurs, contact us in order for us to find and fix the root cause of your problem.