What are qualified identity expenses?
Should you become a victim of identity theft, the Identity Theft Reimbursement Coverage is here to help. Reimbursement for reasonable and necessary attorney, investigative agency or private investigator, and certified public accountant costs up to the limit of your plan, if needed to amend or rectify your identity records. You will be covered for qualified ID theft related expenses, up to the limit of your plan.†††
Examples of expenses as result of amending or rectify records due to identity fraud:
- Costs of notarizing affidavits and travel
- Actual lost base wages taken off work
- Child or elderly care costs
- Replacement of identification cards, drivers licenses and passports
- Legal costs
- Accounting costs, and many more
Pro tip: Read the Summary of Benefits under Insurance Coverage foundfor detailed coverage information.