Note: Images may vary depending on software version.
Tips to ensure a smooth installation
- Have your TELUS My Account email and password ready
- If you purchased a Pik TV media box, have your Google Account email and password ready
Important: You must sign into your Google account in order to get the latest Pik TV updates. Updates to your Pik TV include new features and improvements, as well as a customized Google experience. Once signed in, launch the Google Play Store and accept Google’s terms and conditions.
- If connecting via Wi-Fi, have your Wi-Fi network name & password ready
- If you purchased a Pik TV media box, for the first time-setup, make sure your media box is located at the same address you provided when you ordered it
- Forgot your My Account password? Reset your password and a new one will be sent to you shortly
- Can’t remember your Wi-Fi password? Find out how to retrieve your wireless network information
Set up your Pik TV media box
Here's what you need to set up your Pik TV media box:
- A TV or a monitor with an HDMI port
- An Internet connection via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- A Google email address
- A TELUS account
Connect your Pik TV media box to your TV screen or monitor using an HDMI cable
- Connect your media box into a power source and ensure that both TV and media box are powered on
- Select the Source or Input button on your remote until you see the Remote Pairing Screen
- Insert batteries into your Pik TV Remote
To set up Pik TV, follow the instructions displayed on your TV screen. You can also use your Android phone or tablet if you have one. You'll be prompted to do the following:
- If you would like to set up Pik TV on your Android phone or tablet, select Yes on your TV screen and continue the setup process on your mobile device
Note: Select No to skip setting up with an Android device. Note: You’ll need to ensure your mobile phone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your media box.
- For the highest-quality connection, attach your router to your media box using an Ethernet cable
- If you cannot connect to an Ethernet network, connect to the Wi-Fi network with the strongest signal.
- If your 5Ghz network has the same signal strength as your 2.4Ghz network we recommend connecting to the 5Ghz network
- If you experience connection issues, see Troubleshoot Pik TV Wi-Fi connection issues
- If, after connecting to your home Wi-Fi network, you see either of the following two screens please see Troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection
- If you are installing your Pik TV media box before your TELUS Internet is installed, please note you will only be able to view select channels until your TELUS Internet is installed
- To get the latest Pik TV updates and to tailor your experience, you have to sign into your Google account. If you are setting up Pik TV on your mobile device, sign in to your account on your device as opposed to your TV screen.
- To ensure your guide schedule is accurate for your timezone, please choose YES to Location in order enable location services
- If your media box requires a software update, it will automatically be installed
Note: Your media box may restart more than once during this update
- To control your TV using your Pik TV remote, select Yes.
- Press the up arrow on your remote to display the keyboard on your screen and enter your TELUS My Account username and password to log in to your Pik TV account