Password reset and setup recovery process
There are 2 easy ways to reset your email password. Use either of the following:
- Obtain a password reset link from your recovery email address
- Obtain a passcode from your recovery mobile phone number
In order to reset your password you must have set-up a recovery method, we advise all telus.net email users to have at least one recovery method set-up. See details below on how to set these up.
How to setup my recovery methods
The benefit of setting up a recovery method is make it easier for you in the future. That way you can easily reset your password and get access to your important messages from family and friends.
- Login to your telus.net Webmail
- If you are logging into your Webmail for the first time, you will be prompted to add a recovery email and mobile number. Follow the step-by-step instructions
- If you do not receive a prompt, go to Preferences > Security > Password in the top left hand corner of your Webmail and enter an alternate email address and mobile phone number
Pro-tip: In case you forget remove your old email address or mobile telephone number, it’s a good idea to input both recovery methods.
How to reset my password?
- Go to your telus.net Webmail
- Select Forgot? and follow the step-by-step instructions
- Enter your TELUS email address
- If you previously setup a recovery email method, a password reset link will be sent to you. Follow the step-by-step instructions
- If you previously setup a recovery mobile phone number, a passcode will be sent to your phone. Follow the step-by-step instructions
- Create a new password
- Your email recovery link will only work once. If you get disrupted, generate a new link by restarting the process
- If you have setup both email and mobile recovery methods, your mobile recovery will be preferred
- You passcode should be delivered to your recovery mobile within 1 minute. Live Chat with an agent if you require further help
Help! I didn’t setup any recovery method and can’t login
If you do not have a recovery email or recovery mobile phone number saved to your account, one of our agents will be happy to assist you. Live Chat with an agent if you require further help.
What do these error messages mean?
You may encounter possible error messages, here are some helpful tips:
|Error message||What do these error codes mean?|
Oops, your account recovery details are incomplete. Please call 1-888-811-2323 to reset your password
You do not have any recovery methods setup, call into have your password reset and setup either recovery methods for the future
You are already authenticated
During the email recovery process, you may have selected the reset my password link twice. Restart the process by choosing “Forgot?” from the login in screen