In order to reset your password, a recovery email address needs to be added to your profile so we can send a reset link. In order to add a recovery email, you need to be able to login to webmail. If you do not know your password, one of our agents will be happy to assist you. Live Chat with an agent.
Add a recovery email
Login to your TELUS.net webmail, you should be prompted to add a recovery email. This can be any other email address to which you have access.
If you are not prompted to add a recovery email, follow these steps to add a recovery email:
- Login to TELUS webmail.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Security (located on the left). Here, you will see two fields:
- Contact Info
- Enter your recovery email.
- Select Save.
Start the recovery process
Note: In order to reset your password online, a recovery email address must have been added to the account. If you do not have a recovery email address linked to your account, one of our agents will be happy to assist you. Live Chat with an agent.
- Navigate to TELUS webmail.
- Select Forgot? (located above the the right side of the Password field).
- Enter your TELUS email address.
- Confirm you are not a robot and select Submit.
- If the TELUS email address you entered is valid, a recovery link will be sent to your recovery email address.
- Open that email, and select Reset my password.
Note: This link will only work once. If for some reason you missed this link, you can restart the reset password process.
- Enter a new password, ensuring it:
- Is at least 8 characters long
- Contains at least 1 number or 1 special character (!@#$%^&*)
- Contain at least 1 lowercase letter
- Contain at least 1 uppercase letter
- The Password strength indicator will let you know how strong the password is. For best security, ensure you follow the suggestions provided. This will make your password harder to guess.
- Select Continue.
- Once the password is reset, you will be redirected to webmail.telus.net
- Log in using your new password and regular TELUS email address.
Possible error messages
Your account recovery setup has not been completed. Please call 1-888-811-2323 to reset your password
This is because we cannot find your recovery email in your account. In this case, you can call us to get your password reset. Remember to enter and save your recovery email under Preferences -> Security. By doing so, you will be able to reset your password in the future without the need to contact us.
Your session is about to timeout. Please click anywhere on this page to resume
You will see this message when the page has been left open without activity for over 10 minutes. Click anywhere on the screen to resume session.
The reset password link is no longer valid. Restart password reset process
This error message will appear if the page is left open for longer than 10 minutes. You will need to navigate back to webmail.telus.net and restart the process by selecting Forgot?
You are already authenticated
This message will appear if you select the Reset my password link in the email twice. If you need to restart the process, please navigate back to webmail.telus.net and select Forgot?