What you need
In order to install your own wireless digital box with a self-install kit, you need to be an existing Optik TV customer with an available HDMI input on your TV.
You can have a maximum of 6 digital boxes in your home (including the PVR).
If you do not have an HDMI input on your TV you can use component audio and video cables instead (not included in the self-install kit). These can be purchased at electronic stores for approximately $15.
You should already have a TELUS Internet modem already installed in your home, which may be one of the following models (see sticker on device):
- Actiontec V1000H
- Actiontec V2000H
- Actiontec T1200H
- Actiontec T2200H
- Actiontec T3200M
To order more boxes, simply contact us and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.
Your self-install kit should arrive in 3-5 business days. You can track your order through Canada Post with the tracking number included in the order confirmation email (Subject: Confirmation of changes to your TELUS account).
The installation process normally takes around 15 minutes, but may take longer if updates are required.
Note: Before beginning installation of a 4K Optik Self-Install Kit, you may want to confirm that you meet the minimum requirements for Optik 4K. Find the requirements here.
Download a PDF of the Self-Install Guide
If you would like another copy of the self-install guide, you can choose one of the three versions below based on the kit you received.
If you are receiving an error message or experiencing issues during set-up:
- Reboot your wireless digital box by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, then try repeating the instructions
- When pairing your wireless digital box with your wireless access point or T3200M modem, confirm that you have held the pairing button on the access point or modem for at least 10 seconds (then let go)
- Confirm that the wireless digital box is connected to the back of your TV using the HDMI cable provided and that you have selected the corresponding HDMI input on your TV using your TV manufacturer’s remote. You should have at least 4 bars appearing in the green Wi-Fi indicator light on the front of the wireless digital box after set-up. If you do not have a sufficient connection, try moving the box closer to your TELUS Internet modem
- If you have a wireless access point either in your kit or at home, confirm it is connected to the TELUS Internet modem using an Ethernet cable. It should also be connected to power, and the switch on the back should be in the AP position
- If you are prompted to enter an activation code during set-up (not normally required), you can find this code at the top of your order confirmation email (Subject line: Confirmation of changes to your TELUS account)
- If you would like to pair your Optik TV remote with your TV to control power and volume, please visit Program your remote for instructions
For additional support including online chat, please visit telus.com/contact.