New to TELUS Mobility?
Everything you need to know about setting up your new smartphone and tablet on the TELUS network
Transfer your phone number
To get started, please have your device with your old SIM card in hand and keep your old number active with your previous service provider. Once you receive your device, go toand follow these steps below to bring your number to TELUS:
- Do not discard your old SIM card. Have your old SIM card in a phone that is powered on nearby as it will be required to verify your transfer request from your previous service provider
- Log in to My TELUS or register at
- Go to Plans & Devices and select the number you want to change
- Select Manage your phone number
- Select Transfer your number
- Submit all required details, including the number you want to transfer
- You will receive a text message on the old SIM card from the previous service provider within a few minutes. You must respond to the text message to confirm the transfer within 90 minutes
Learn more about how toto your new device.
Set up your SIM card
If you’re looking to transfer your phone number, see the section above. If you already have or you don’t need to, you can continue setting up your SIM card following the steps below.
- Turn off your device
- Locate the SIM card slot on your device (for assistance, visit )
- Insert your new TELUS SIM
- Turn on your device and complete the automatic activation (if you don't have a data plan, you may need to connect to Wi-Fi to finish the activation)
- Restart your device once you are done
- Turn on your new device
- Connect to Wi-Fi (if you don’t connect to Wi-Fi, the eSIM download will fail)
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select SIM-free setup
- Scan the QR code on the TELUS eSIM voucher with the phone’s camera
- Restart your device
- If you have any issues, visit the support page
Set up your My TELUS account to manage your services online
With My TELUS, you can manage all of your TELUS mobility services online and in the My TELUS app.
Log in to the My TELUS app for any of the following activities:
- View your monthly bill and past bills, make online payments and set up payment arrangements or
- Monitor monthly data, voice and text usage across all the devices on your account
- View your rate plan details. if you need more monthly data
- Add/remove your monthly add-ons for services like international long distance calling and texting. Purchase one-time if you need more data before the end of your billing cycle
- Travelling outside Canada? Confirm travel coverage for your devices and learn
- Update your address, change your phone number, swap your SIM card and make other account changes
Log in to.
Learn more aboutin our support section.
Your first bill
Your first bill will be different from the bills you’ll receive in the future. Like all service providers, TELUS bills one month in advance. As a result, your first bill will include:
Regular monthly recurring charges for plans and add-ons for next full month. For example:
- Peace of Mind Connect Unlimited: $75
- Monthly TELUS Easy Payment: $33
Partial charges from activation date to the end of bill cycle. Partial charges will only appear on your first bill, or if you change plans and add-ons. For example:
- Partial charge: $44.35
One time service fee. For example:
- Connection fee: $50
Bill credits for promotions may take up to 2 billing cycles to appear.
Watch this video or visit our Support page toand other types of charges.
When to expect your first bill
TELUS offers paperless billing. You will receive an email and/or SMS notification of your e.Bill 2-5 days after your billing date.
Manage your bill and payment online
- Download the My TELUS app and register
- Go to the Billing tab to view your bill and the Service Agreement, manage your e.Bill notifications and payment options
Understand your data plan
To check what your plan includes, log in to the My TELUS App and select Plans & Devices. You can also check your Service Agreement which is at the very bottom of the Billing tab.
Note: The amount of data and minutes that you get from the time you activate or make a change on your account up until your bill cycle will be prorated. This means you won’t have access to your full amount of minutes or data until your next billing cycle. Learn more about.
Learn how to.
Set up email and voicemail
Get to know your new phone
To learn more about your phone’s features check out the . Just choose your device type and what you would like to learn about.
Set up email: Learn how to.
Set up voicemail: Learn how to.
Get support at TELUS
Having trouble with your phone? Turn your device off and then turn it back on again. That often helps fix many common issues. Here are some other options to explore if the problem still persists:
- For any questions you might have, chat with in the My TELUS App or on telus.com
- For detailed step-by-step instructions, check out the
- For support specific to your phone, download the and run a diagnostic test
- The is here to help. Ask fellow TELUS users questions, find answers to questions that others have already asked and submit ideas for future service improvements