My Wi-Fi app for Wi-Fi Hub
(with or without a Boost Wi-Fi or Boost Wi-Fi 6)
About data usage
Never worry about going over your data plan again. The TELUS My Wi-Fi app provides a convenient view of your data usage for the month, as well as how many days are left before the new cycle begins. You can also track how much data each of the devices on your network is consuming.
- Need more data?
- Subscribe to for $20 per month through My TELUS. Find out more .
About speed test
The TELUS My Wi-Fi app shows you the connection speed from your modem to the Internet. For more information on running speed tests, please visit.
Change your Wi-Fi network name and password
Please note that changing your network name or password will disconnect all your currently connected devices from your network. This includes mobile devices, printers, tablets, security devices. You will need to reconnect each of them using the new network settings.
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi tab
- Select Edit
- Change your Wi-Fi network name or password to your new desired network name or password. Select Save (located at the bottom of your screen)
Need help identifying a device?
The TELUS My Wi-Fi app makes it easy to recognize the devices in your network. The information about devices on your network will often improve over time.
- Navigate to the Device tab.
- Select the unknown device to open up the Device Details page to view additional information about the device, suche as brand, model, or operating system.
- You can also view the MAC address of the device, which can be matched up with the MAC address found on your device’s settings.
- Once a device has been identified, you can tap on the dots next to your device name to rename the device.
Note: Keep in mind that all devices connected to your Wi-Fi network will appear on My Wi-Fi app – this includes smarthome devices, printers, and more.
Pause your Wi-Fi
To pause (or resume) Wi-Fi on your specific devices or profiles:
- On the Overview tab, select Pause Wi-Fi located at the upper right-hand corner page
- Select the device or profile you would like to pause
- Press the pause icon located next to the device’s name or the profile name
Change your Boost Wi-Fi’s LED brightness
If you have a Boost Wi-Fi, you can change the brightness of the LED status light to your preference:
- Open the My Wi-Fi app
- From the Overview page, enter the top-right menu
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi Boost settings
- Select LED brightness
- Select the desired brightness (Off, Medium or High). Changes will be saved automatically and updated right away
In the "Off" mode, the LED will not show any status unless there is a problem, at which time the LED will turn back on to show that status