TELUS Connect app for the T3200 or Network Access Hub
(with or without a Boost Wi-Fi or Boost Wi-Fi 6)
How to install your TELUS Network Access Hub to a wall plate
Use the TELUS Connect app to install a Network Access Hub
About data usage
Never worry about going over your data plan again. The TELUS Connect app provides a convenient view of your data usage for the month, as well as how many days are left before the new cycle begins. You can also track how much data each of the devices on your network is consuming.
- Need more data?
- Subscribe to for $20 per month through My TELUS. Find out more .
About speed test
The TELUS Connect app shows you the connection speed from your modem to the internet. For more information on running speed tests, please visit.
Change your Wi-Fi network name and password
Please note that changing your network name or password will disconnect all your currently connected devices from your network. This includes mobile devices, printers, tablets, security devices. You will need to reconnect each of them using the new network settings.
- Navigate to the Wi-Fi tab
- Select Edit
- Change your Wi-Fi network name or password to your new desired network name or password. Select Save (located at the bottom of your screen)
Need help identifying a device?
The TELUS Connect app makes it easy to recognize the devices in your network. The information about devices on your network will often improve over time.
- Navigate to the Device tab.
- Select the unknown device to open up the Device Details page to view additional information about the device, suche as brand, model, or operating system.
- You can also view the MAC address of the device, which can be matched up with the MAC address found on your device’s settings.
- Once a device has been identified, you can tap on the dots next to your device name to rename the device.
Note: Keep in mind that all devices connected to your Wi-Fi network will appear on the TELUS Connect app; this includes smarthome devices, printers, and more.
Pause your Wi-Fi
To pause (or resume) Wi-Fi on your specific devices or profiles:
- Navigate to the Device tab
- Scroll to the device you would like to pause
- Press the pause icon located next to the device’s name
- For specific profiles, click on a device with the profile name next to it, then press the pause profile icon
Change your Boost Wi-Fi’s LED brightness
If you have a Boost Wi-Fi, you can change the brightness of the LED status light to your preference:
- Open the TELUS Connect app
- From the Overview page, enter the top-right menu
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi Boost settings
- Select LED brightness
- Select the desired brightness (either Off, Medium or High). Changes will be saved automatically and updated right away
In the "Off" mode, the LED will not show any status unless there is a problem, at which time the LED will turn back on to show that status
Set up and manage Wi-Fi schedules
Create schedules for when your Wi-Fi can and cannot be accessed.
- Navigate to the Overview tab
- Select the profile name you want to set up a schedule for. If you don’t have a profile yet, create one by tapping “Create a profile.”
- Select the Add schedule button
- You can either choose one of the three suggested schedules or select Create your own
- Choose a name for your schedule, and select the time range and the days you want the schedule to be enforced
- Select Save
To edit or disable a schedule
- Select the profile whose schedule you want to edit or disable
- Select the schedule you would like to amend or disable
- On the schedule page, press the green icon to disable the schedule or make any edits to the schedule
Block access to adult content
Adult content controls will block your profiles from accessing websites categorized as “adult” or “rated R”. This feature is limited to web browsers only, not to applications. Adult and rated R content will not be blocked when connected to a cellular network or on Wi-Fi outside of your home.
- Navigate to the Overview tab
- Select or create a profile
- Tap on Add restrictions
- Tap the enable button
Enable Network Security
TELUS Network Security applies a security layer to your modem that identifies and blocks threats to your home network to protect you from malicious web content, unauthorized access attempts and abnormal behaviour from devices on your network.
This feature is currently only available tosubscribers, and will only impact devices connected to your home network. Devices on mobile networks, or on VPN will not be protected.
Navigate to the Network Tab to enable or manage this feature, or to view blocked threats.
Please note: TELUS Network Security blocks entire websites as well as sections of websites that might be malicious. A malicious section of a website could be an advertisement or a plugin to the website.