You can transfer your existing phone number – TELUS or other, landline or mobile – to your TELUS Mobility account. Your existing TELUS Mobility phone number is replaced with this number.
Before you begin
- You have an active TELUS Mobility account
- The area code of the number you intend to transfer matches your local calling service area
- The number you intend to transfer to your TELUS account is still active
Important: Do not cancel your account with your current provider or you will relinquish your phone number. Your old service will automatically be cancelled upon successful completion of your phone number transfer.
- If your phone number is a non-TELUS mobile number, transferring your number may take up to 2.5 hours
- If your phone number is a landline number, the transfer may take up to 2 business days
Transfer your number to TELUS Mobility
Using your TELUS online account:
- Log in to your TELUS account. Register if you don't have one
- Under "Manage your device", select "Change your phone number". (You will be redirected to My Account Classic)
- Scroll down to option 2 - I want to transfer a number
- Enter the phone number you'd like transferred as your "new phone number"
- Select Submit
You'll receive an online form. To complete the transfer, fill out the form with your account details from your old service provider. To ensure a quick transfer, please provide all requested details.
Check your transfer status
Once you've submitted a request to transfer your phone number to TELUS, you can track the status of your request:
- Log in to My Account
- Head to Mobility plans & devices and select Device
- Select Status of number transfer
The status of your transfer request is displayed.
Migrating an existing phone number to a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) phone
Some phones require different SIM cards, so make sure you have the right one before switching phones. If you have a remaining device balance, you are still responsible for it.