Installing your Outdoor Camera (V723 model)
Install your v723 Outdoor Camera using these instructions
Video on how to install your Outdoor Camera
Watch this video on how to set up your Outdoor Camera:
Printable installation guide (PDF)
Before you start
What’s in the box?
- Outdoor Camera
- Mounting plate power supply
- Wall anchors
- Wall screws
- Smartphone or Tablet
- 2.5 Mbps upload Wi-Fi
- Masonry drill bit
- 13mm (1/2 inch) drill bit
Step 1: Turn on the Camera indoors
In the comfort of your home, plug in the camera to begin setup before taking it outside.
- Connect the power cable to the camera
- Plug the power supply into the power outlet and wait about 6 seconds for the LED to start flashing white
LED not flashing white?
Press and hold the button on the bottom of the camera until the light starts flashing white.
Step 2: Get the TELUS SmartHome App
Step 3: Add the camera to your account
- Select Menu at the top left-hand corner
- Select + Add Device
- Select Video Camera
- Select Outdoor Camera ADC-V723
- Type in a name for your camera and select Next
Step 4: Connect to temporary Wi-Fi network and follow the steps in the app
Let’s connect your smartphone to the camera’s temporary Wi-Fi network. This will allow you to add the camera to your home Wi-Fi network.
On your smartphone, exit the TELUS SmartHome app and go to the Settings app
Connect your smartphone to the camera’s temporary Wi-Fi network: ADC-V723 (XX:XX:XX)
After you are connected to the ADC-V723 (XX:XX:XX) Wi-Fi network, return to the TELUS SmartHome app and select Next
Select Scan for Networks
Select your home Wi-Fi network name from the list
Type in your Wi-Fi network password and select Next
Continue following the steps in the app until the installation is complete. This may take a few minutes
Step 5: Select a location outside and check your Wi-Fi speed
The Outdoor Camera requires a minimum of 2.5 Mbps upload speed to operate. In a browser on your smartphone, visitto determine the Internet speed at your chosen location.
If you are unable to find a location with adequate Wi-Fi coverage, please contact us at 1-855-255-8828 for assistance.
Step 6: Find an outlet near chosen location and plug in camera
Find an indoor or outdoor power outlet near the chosen camera location
<br></br>Important: If using an outdoor outlet, you must have a weatherproof enclosure. Additionally, do not use an outdoor outlet that is timer or switch controlled.
Connect the power cable to the camera, and then plug the power supply into the power outlet
Step 7: Plan a cable route to outlet
Here are options to run your cable:
- Through the corner opening of a door, garage or window to an indoor power outlet
- Along siding to an outdoor power outlet with a weatherproof enclosure
- Through a drilled hole in the wall (use a 13mm (1/2 inch) drill bit)
Tip: Use caulk to seal around the drilled hole.
Cable not long enough? Consider purchasing a DC Extension Cable.
Step 8: Determine camera position and angle
Place the camera 2.5 to 4.5 metres (8 to 15 feet) above the ground
<br></br>Tip: Return to the TELUS SmartHome app and view the live feed to help adjust the camera to the desired position.
Tilt the camera downward 30 to 60 degrees, enough to see people’s faces
Make sure the camera has a clear view and the horizon is level
No clear view?
If you are unable to achieve a clear view at your chosen location, consider finding a different location to mount your camera.
Step 9: Mark screw holes
- Place the mounting bracket at the desired location, ensuring it is level
- Using a pencil, mark location of the screw holes
Step 10: Determine your siding
- If you have wood, vinyl or aluminum siding go to Step 12
- If you have stucco, brick or stone go to Step 11
Step 11: Masonry install
- Using a 6mm (¼ inch) masonry drill bit, drill pilot holes for the wall anchors
- Push or hammer the wall anchors into the pilot holes
Step 12: Attach mounting bracket
- Place the mounting bracket over the marked location for the screws
- Screw the mounting bracket into the siding or wall
Step 13: Attach Outdoor Camera
- Insert the camera into the mounting bracket, ensuring the power cable is placed in the groove
- Secure the camera to the mounting bracket using the screw
Step 14: Secure cable route
Use staples, cable tracks or cable fasteners (not included) to secure the power cable.
Step 15: Calibrate camera
- Select Menu at the top left-hand corner
- Select Video
- Select the gear icon at the top right-hand corner
- Select Calibrate Cameras
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete the calibration of your camera
Important: If you do not calibrate your Outdoor Camera, it will not function properly.
Step 16: Customize Smart Video Alerts
To set up your Smart Video Alerts, watch this video.
Log in to your TELUS SmartHome app
Select Menu at the top left-hand corner
Select the gear icon at the top right-hand corner
Select Recording Rules
Select Add New Rule at the top right-hand corner
Select Video Analytics
Select either Ground Zone or Tripwire and select Next
Follow the on-screen steps to complete the setup of your Smart Video Alerts
For more information, visit.
Your setup is complete
Nice work. You're all done.
LED reference guide
If you have issues connecting the camera to a TELUS account, power cycle the camera (unplug the power cable from the camera and plug it back in to restore power).
If issues persist, reset the camera to factory defaults. Press and hold the button on the bottom of the camera for 15 seconds until the light starts flashing red and green.
Note: You will need to reinstall the camera after a factory reset.
Important: If the camera was previously installed to a TELUS account, it will need to be deleted before it can be installed again.
Need help with your Doorbell Camera? Visitfor more step-by-step instructions to resolve your issue.