To install your Glass Break Sensor, make sure you have the following in addition to the included equipment:
- Included battery
- Included mounting adhesives
Installing your sensor using the mobile app
If this is the first time you are installing the TELUS SmartHome Security system, before you install your sensors, make sure to follow the step-by-step guide included in the box first. After you complete these steps and successfully set up the Control Panel, you can then add more devices to your account.
Don’t have the app or having trouble logging in? Click here to learn more.
To add a sensor to your security system, use your TELUS SmartHome app and follow the instructions below:
- Log in to your TELUS SmartHome app on your mobile device
- Select Menu at the top left-hand corner
- Select + Add Device
- Select Security
- Select your device and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup
Once all of your sensors are added successfully, you will be shown how to complete a walk test to confirm that each sensor is working as expected. If you experience any issues at any time during your installation, please call TELUS at 1-855-255-8828.
Mounting your Glass Break Sensor
- Choose an appropriate location to mount the sensor
- Place the sensor directly across from the window you would like to protect, ensuring the sensor has a direct line of site to the protected window
Note: Sensor should be at least 6 ft off the floor, but not less than 12" from the ceiling.
- Avoid placing the sensor in rooms that have a lot of reflective surfaces (like kitchens, bathrooms, or garages), have multiple noise sources (like small utility rooms), or are very small (3x3 m or 10x10 ft) since noises may echo and cause a false alarm
- Clean the surface with a lint-free cloth, apply the double-sided adhesive to the back of the sensor and peel off the liner to expose the adhesive surface, then press the device firmly onto the mounting surface
Troubleshooting your Glass Break Sensor
My Glass Break Sensor is failing the walk test
If you are testing your sensor using the TELUS SmartHome mobile app and the device is consistently failing to pass the walk test, it is possible that you entered an incorrect sensor ID at an earlier stage or that the sensor is malfunctioning.
Please call TELUS Technical Support at 1-855-255-8828 to resolve the issue and complete your installation.