Installing your Control Panel (Gen 3)
Follow the simple instructions here to install your Control Panel (Gen 3)
Not your device?
Video instructions on how to install your Control Panel (Gen 3)
To install your Control Panel, please make sure you have the following in addition to the included equipment:
- Broadband internet connection with Wi-Fi router
- Wi-Fi network name and password
- Master code (will be used for arming and disarming your security system)
- Phillips screwdriver
Installing your Control Panel using the mobile app
Before powering up the Control Panel, follow the step-by-step guide included inside the box to begin the installation of your Control Panel using your TELUS SmartHome app.
Don’t have the app or having trouble logging in? View thepage if you're logging in for the first time or if you forgot your password.
Follow the instructions in the mobile app. Once you have reached the step to install your Control Panel, you will be shown how to:
- Power up the panel
- Connect to your Wi-Fi network using the panel
- Conduct a system check using the panel
Where to place your Control Panel
Choosing the location of your Control Panel is an important decision because the rest of the system will be designed and tested to work with the device in that location. Any movement of the Control Panel after the installation should be kept to a minimum.
Here are some tips for selecting the location of your Control Panel:
- Make sure this is a convenient location in the home
- Your Control Panel should be in close proximity to a power outlet
- The location should be within Wi-Fi range
Note: If you are experiencing connection problems after your installation, double check that your Control Panel has not been moved. If it has been moved, make sure the panel is re-located back to the original location and see if this resolves your issues.
If you are still experiencing issues or have questions regarding your installation, please call TELUS at 1-855-918-1683.
Firmware upgrades on your Control Panel
After your Control Panel is set up, it will periodically upgrade to ensure you have all of the features available in addition to ensuring your system continues to operate smoothly. Make sure your panel is connected to a working Wi-Fi connection in your home to download the latest firmware. When new firmware is available for upgrading, your panel will download the update and reboot once your system is disarmed.
The latest update available for your panel is Firmware 4.1.0. If you are not on the latest firmware, please call TELUS at 1-855-918-1683.
Instructions to power up your Control Panel
- Let’s start by connecting the power supply cable
- Attach the table stand and tighten the screw to secure
- Plug in the power adapter and press and hold the power button to turn on the Control Panel
How to use your Control Panel
To familiarize yourself with your new Control Panel, please read thepage.