Facebook and your smartphone
- For most smartphones, Facebook is an application with its own menus and functions built in. If it is not preloaded on your device, you can download it via the official app store associated with your device
- For other phones and smartphones, you can update your Facebook profile using your mobile browser, text messaging, and email. To access a mobile-optimized version of Facebook on your mobile browser go to Facebook
- To set up text message alerts of updates to Facebook, log on to your Facebook account and sign up for Facebook mobile text services. Learn more about Facebook texts
Accessing Facebook on your smartphone
- You can access Facebook using the application preloaded on your smartphone. If the Facebook application isn't preloaded, you might be able to download and install it using the application store associated with your device:
- If the Facebook application isn't available for your smartphone, use your mobile browser:
Your browser has accessed Facebook. Standard rates apply.
Setting up Facebook Mobile Text Services
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Sign up for Facebook mobile text services, which are part of your account settings
- Enter your phone number
- Choose TELUS as your carrier. A text message is sent to your handset with a confirmation code
- Using your computer, enter the confirmation code on Facebook
Facebook mobile text services are set up.
Note: Standard rates apply.
Posting to Facebook without the mobile application
Set up Facebook Mobile Text Services with your account information. To send messages (m), poke (p), or write on a wall (w), text m, p, or w followed by the person's name to FBOOK (32665).
You can upload your photos or videos via email. Standard rates apply.