Per Call Blocking (*67) prevents your name and number from being displayed when you call someone who has Call Display. The word "private" will be provided on their display instead. It also prevents the person you have called from using Call Return to identify your number or call you back. This is a free service.
Things to keep in mind when using Per Call Blocking:
- Subscribers to Call Display may choose to block calls from numbers marked "private"
- When placing a collect call or calling an 800 or 900 number, your name and number are provided for billing purposes
- When calling a person served by a telephone company that does not adhere to the privacy regulations set out by the CRTC (in Canada) or the FCC (in the United States), your name and number may still be provided
- When leaving a message for a TELUS Voice Mail subscriber, your name and number may be provided
To use Per Call Blocking:
- Lift the handset and wait for the dial tone
- Press *67 and wait for the dial tone again
- Dial the number you wish to call