Transferring your globetrotter.net email address to telus.net: What you need to know
TELUS is migrating all customers to an upgraded email service. We are partnering with Google to make your email more reliable, secure and powerful.
TELUS email migration: What you need to know
To provide our customers with the best possible email experience, TELUS is in the process of transitioning all existing Globetrotter.net email, including all associated email addresses and accounts to a telus.net messaging account powered by Google.
For example, the address firstname.lastname@example.org will become email@example.com.
This transition will require you to take action and will mean a change in how you access your Globetrotter.net email today.
Your data will remain under the governance of TELUS’ stringent privacy protocols. With TELUS email, you will not get ads on your email (unlike the publicly available Gmail) and you will continue to get support from TELUS.
We will migrate all your emails (including pictures and attachments within them), contacts, calendar events and alternative email accounts.
Once your account has been migrated, you will benefit from increased reliability via a globally-available cloud-based platform, enhanced security and 15 GB of storage space, which is triple the current storage capacity.
This site will be your home for helpful information about the transition. Please bookmark this site or press Ctrl+D to find it easily going forward.
What is staying the same
We want to reassure you that the following will not change:
- TELUS is here to provide support with your TELUS email, regardless of the platform
- We will migrate all your email accounts, emails, contacts and calendar events stored in the existing platform
- There is no cost for this change. Your TELUS email will continue to be included in your TELUS Internet subscription
What is changing
These are the main differences you will notice:
- Triple the storage capacity: From 5 GB to 15 GB
- A single login: To ensure secure access to your account, you will have one single login for your account. We are migrating all aliases in your account, but only one email address can be used to log in to your email
- Web browser users can now find their email inbox at mail.google.com: If you are a WebMail user, you will no longer access your email at . Bookmark that page today to make it easy to find your email in the future
- You’ll be able to install the Gmail app for the best experience on a mobile device: The best features of your upgraded email experience are only available on your phone or tablet with the official Gmail app
- If you prefer to use other email apps (like Outlook, Apple Mail etc.), you will have to update your settings: Access instructions on how to do this by visiting
- We will not migrate emails, contacts or calendar events that you saved on your device or computer as they are not stored on our platform
Things to know before your email migration
If your Globetrotter email account has not yet been migrated, an invitation is on its way to you. Here’s what you can expect:
- You will receive an invitation from us.
Follow the directions in the email to securely schedule your migration date and choose the details of your migration. Please note that due to the number of customers who use TELUS email today, we will be migrating all accounts using a phased approach.
Can’t wait to get your invite? You can get an early access pass through the, in the Notifications section. This app is free, and it helps you take control of your TELUS Wi-Fi.
You will be asked to log in to TELUS Webmail.
This way, you will securely be able to choose your migration preferences. This transfer will not be carried out immediately. However, you may wish to start the process now, and therefore be able to choose the most convenient time, among the options offered, for your email to be transferred.
You will be required to activate your account in Google.
On your account migration day, we will notify you to let you know when you can activate your account in Google. This step completes the migration process. We have put together a to help you navigate the experience on the day of your migration. You will find step-by-step instructions to make this a smooth experience for you.
Things to know after your email has been migrated
When your TELUS email is powered by Google, there will be the following changes:
- For the best web browser and desktop experience, access your account at
- For the best mobile experience, download the Gmail app today. But if you prefer to continue using other email apps such as Outlook or Apple Mail, you will have to follow some steps. Learn how to or a
- Personalize your email settings by visiting the
- Be reminded that we have migrated all your email accounts, emails, contact and calendar events. But , such as email forwarding rules or filtering settings you have today. You will have to re-enter them
Please explore other support articles in thesection to find the answers to all your questions.