TELUS Device Checkup app explained
Get real-time tips to solve device issues with the TELUS Device Checkup app
With the TELUS Device Checkup app you can easily find customized solutions to common device problems. The app can help solve device problems using its 4 tools - Checkup, Warranty look-up, Trade-in evaluator and Tutorials.
- With the Checkup tool, you can run diagnostics to get tailored recommendations on how you can improve your device performance
- Using the Warranty look-up tool, you can check your device’s warranty status and get recommended next steps for repair options
- With the Trade-in estimator, you can run through a series of tests that can help you determine your device’s trade-in value
- By identifying your device, the Tutorial tool will let you interact with hundreds of device how-to’s
Find howis your one-stop shop for all your device needs.
How to get the app
TELUS Device Checkup is available on iOS and Android devices. Visit theor from your device to download today.
How does TELUS Device Checkup work
Each of the three tools lives in a separate tab at the bottom of the app. This makes it easy for you to use the right tool for the help you are looking for.
The Checkup tool will run a series of tests directly from your device. It will provide the status and personalized recommendations on:
The Services tool identifies the warranty status of your TELUS device. Based on your warranty coverage and device type, customized service options are displayed to guide you on your next steps for repair. Note: if you’re using an Apple device you will need to enter your phone number to verify your account and warranty status. This number will not be stored in the app. You can also check your warranty status online at.
The Tutorial tool will teach you to use your device for topics ranging from simple to complex. Get step by step walkthroughs to learn about all your device-specific features and up-to-date OS features. Examples include Getting Started, Texting and Messaging, Email, and Productivity and Efficiency. You can also browse through all ouronline.
Permissions on Android devices
TELUS Device Checkup requests a number of permissions to help diagnose and understand your device. This information is used to offer you tailored suggestions on how to improve your device, and to help us improve the app itself. The privacy of your information is protected. You can read more about privacy at TELUS by visiting.
We request the following permissions within the Android app when you open it for the first time. After approving them, you will not need to approve them again:
- Phone: We use this permission to diagnose roaming, network connectivity, and network status. We also use it to verify TELUS device warranty through your phone number and IMEI
- Storage: We use this permission to diagnose which apps and content are consuming your storage and to check your SD card status (if equipped)
- Contacts: We use this permission to diagnose and verify you have activated theft protection and device backup accounts
- Location: We use this permission to diagnose cell network and GPS information, and alert you to known issues in your local area
- Data Usage: We use this permission to check how much data each app on your device is using and to identify data saving suggestions for your installed apps
- System Access: We use this permission to help you fix common system settings, such as misconfigured network settings, in a single touch