Home phone voicemail setup
How to create a password, select a greeting and access your mailbox
First time set up directions
- Pick up your Home phone handset, wait for a dial tone, then dial *98
- When asked to enter your password for the first time, enter your 10-digit phone number
- Follow the recorded instructions to:
- Create your permanent password. Your password must be 4 to 15 digits long. Choose a password that is hard for others to guess. Avoid using repetitive and sequential numbers such as 1111, 1234, etc.
- Next, choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your home phone
To protect your privacy and security, TELUS recommends you do not select this bypass option. To not bypass the password, please press * when prompted.
- Record your name
- Record your personal greeting. This greeting is what callers will hear before they leave a message for you
- Your mailbox is now ready to use
Tip: You can also check your messages and manage your mailbox settings online, including forwarding your voicemail to your e-mail. Please refer to Setting up your web access for additional steps.
Note: You can also access your voicemail from any other phone. Dial the toll-free number 310-9899, from within Canada, and press * during the greeting, then enter your personal password (see first time setup steps above).
How to use the star and pound keys
Use the star and pound keys on your phone when you are in your mailbox to:
- Pound key (#): Complete an entry or skip instructions
- Star key (*): Return to a previous menu
- Star key twice (* *): Exit your mailbox
Choose your greetings
You can choose the greeting that callers will hear when you're unavailable to answer the phone:
- Personal greeting: This is a greeting that you record using your own voice. Your greeting may be up to 60 seconds long
- Standard system greeting: If you don't want to use your own greeting, you can use the standard system greeting which will tell callers you are unavailable
Accessing your mailbox
You have three easy options to access your home phone voicemail:
- To access your voicemail from your email account, set up your voicemail to e-mail notifications. This is great for use at home, or away from home
- To access your voicemail from your home phone, wait for the dial tone, then dial *98
- To access your voicemail when you are away from home:
- If you are in Canada, call your 10-digit home number, or call 1-844-310-9898 toll free. Press star (*) during your greeting, then enter your password
If you are outside of Canada, call your 10-digit phone number, or call any of the below voicemail access numbers (international long distance charges may apply). Press star (*) during your greeting, then enter your password:
- 4032648283 (Alberta)
- 7804201414 (Alberta)
- 2506586311 (British Columbia)
- 6044085200 (British Columbia)
- 4166233322 (Ontario)
- 4183861071 (Quebec)
How to cancel your voicemail
From your phone:
After picking up your home phone handset, wait for a dial tone, then dial *91. Hang up and then pick up your phone set again, wait for a dial tone, then dial *93.