Transfer your mobile number to a new device
Learn how to transfer your existing mobile number to a new device
You can transfer your existing phone number – TELUS or other, landline or mobile – to your TELUS Mobility account. This can be done online during the new account request process, or once you have your device and have set up your TELUS account. Once the transfer is complete, your temporary TELUS Mobility phone number is replaced with this number.
Before you begin
- You have an active TELUS Mobility account
- The area code of the number you intend to transfer matches your local calling service area
- The number you intend to transfer to your TELUS account is still active
Important: Do not cancel your account with your current provider or you will relinquish your phone number. Your old service will automatically be cancelled upon successful completion of your phone number transfer.
- If your phone number is a non-TELUS mobile number , transferring your number may take up to 2.5 hours
- If your phone number is a landline number , the transfer may take up to 2 business days
Transfer your number to TELUS Mobility
During a new activation, complete the Easy Number Transfer section on the checkout page:
- Select the checkbox "I would like to bring my current number from a different service provider"
- Enter your current phone number
- Select Verify
- Once verified, enter your current provider's account number or PIN code
- Select the checkbox "I am authorized to transfer phone numbers and cancel my account from my current provider." Continue to complete your order
- Once you receive your device, call 1-877-868-3587 or 1-877-TO-TELUS from the number you want to transfer, select option 2 and your number will automatically transfer
Using your TELUS online account:
- to My TELUS. if you don't have one
- Under "Manage your device", select " Change your phone number "
- Scroll down to option 2 - I want to transfer a number
- Enter the phone number you'd like transferred as your "new phone number"
- Select Submit
You'll receive an online form. To complete the transfer, fill out the form with your account details from your old service provider. To ensure a quick transfer, please provide all requested details.
Check your transfer status
Once you've submitted a request to transfer your phone number to TELUS, you can track the status of your request:
- Log in to
- Head to Mobility plans & devices and select Device
- Select Status of number transfer
The status of your transfer request is displayed.
Migrating an existing phone number to a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) phone
Some phones require different SIM cards, so make sure you have the right one before switching phones. If you have a remaining device balance, you are still responsible for it.