Your TELUS SmartHome & Security system makes it easy to set up notifications to alert you about the important things happening in your home. For example, you can set up notifications to alert you when a user accesses your home. These can be set up in several ways – always know when your kids are home safely from school, or ensure your dog-walker has arrived on time. Additionally, you can create no-show alerts. These are ideal for regular service providers like landscapers or cleaners. Get notified when they arrive and when they leave, as well as one if they fail to arrive.
There are several other types of alerts you can create for smart access control, including Geo-Services alerts which lets you know if you've left home without arming your security system, or locking your doors. When you receive one, you can simply secure your home remotely through your TELUS SmartHome app.
Have you ever left your home, and questioned whether or not you locked your front door? It happens to all of us at some point or another. Fortunately, your TELUS SmartHome & Security system allows you to set reminders, so you’re never in doubt again. A reminder based on your schedule or location ensures that you always keep your home safe and secure.
Here's how to set up reminders that lets you know if you forget, and enables you to secure your home remotely with one tap on your phone.
Set a new notification
- Log in to your TELUS SmartHome app or web portal and go to the Notifications tab
- Select + New Notification (on the web portal) or + (on the mobile app)
- Choose your notification type, and choose from a wide range of pre-customized reminders
- Set your notification time preferences
- If you have Geo-Services set up, you have the option of triggering the alert when you leave your home's geo-fence. Learn more about Geo-Services
- Set your notification days and add recipients
- Save your notification