Program your Classic remote for Optik TV
How to program the TV button or synchronize the remote
Not your remote?
Program the TV button
If you need to reprogram your remote, use the remote code tool to find the right device code for your TV. Once you have a code, proceed to step 1.
Alternatively, use the user guide that came with your remote or use the download at the bottom of this page.
- Turn on your television
- Press and hold the TV button, then press OK. When both are released, the buttons will flash 2 times
- Enter the TV code on the number pad. The TV button will flash 3 times
- Press Power and your television will now power off with your remote
Note: If your TV does not turn off, repeat steps 3-5 with the next code that’s available for your TV. Repeat these steps until you have found the correct code and your TV powers off.
Synchronize the remote
Synchronize your remote to power on your TV and digital box at the same time:
- Turn on your television and TELUS Digital box
- Press and hold TELUS/STB ; and then press OK. When both are released, the buttons will flash 2 times
- Enter the code 977 on the number pad. The TELUS/STB button will flash twice
- Press TELUS/STB and then TV to link the 2 devices. The buttons will flash 2 times
- Press Enter/Options
- Press Power. Your TV and Optik TV digital box will now power off with your new remote
Your TV and Digital box are now synchronized on the remote.
Download a PDF of the
Purchase a new Optik remote
Remote not working as it should? It might be time to replace it. Learn more about options to.