Pik TV app for Android devices and browsers
Features, functions and facts about the Pik TV app for Android devices and browsers
Features, requirements & restrictions
Watch TV LIVE and access a huge On Demand library of TV shows, movies and documentaries on your android phone or tablet on your browser at
- Pik TV offers up to 148 channels, with 136 of those available in-home and out-of-home and the remaining 12 available in-home only. The number of available channels may differ depending on your geographical location.
Requirements & restrictions:
- Subscription to TELUS Internet, Pik TV and live channels required. Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available on the go. Online access for some channels requires TELUS Internet service
- My TELUS username and password is required to log onto this service
- The app can only be used in Canada due to licensing rights on select devices within wireless network coverage areas. Data charges may apply for mobile service outside Wi-Fi coverage
Install the Pik TV app on your Android devices or Internet browser
Android phones & tablets:
Please visit the Google Play Store on your mobile device to download the Pik TV mobile app.
You can access the Pik TV app through your web browser at. Use your My TELUS username and password to log in. Don’t have My TELUS? .
Supported Android devices & Browsers
Below is the list of officially supported browsers and Android devices, though you may be able to use the app on browsers and devices not listed.
Supported Android devices (Android 6.0 and later):
- HTC One M8 and M9 phone
- Google Pixel
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5, S5, S6, S6+ Edge, S7 phones
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablets
- Windows 8+ : Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer
- MAC 10.10+: Safari 11+, Chrome
Most content is available in 720P. However, some live channels are available in 1080P. We are working towards adding more high quality content soon.
Note: 4K content is not available.
Closed captioning and described video can be turned on for any program or movie that the content providers have enabled them on.
Manage Closed Captioning (CC) or Described Video (AD):
During live or VOD playback, select the arrow icon in the lower right hand corner. This will open a panel at the bottom of the screen and you can select the CC or AD icon to turn it the feature of your choice on. When selected, the chosen icon will turn green and remain on until you chose to turn it off by tapping it.
- All Pik TV customers have access to the live content included in their subscription, as long as it is available on the go
- Licensing and rights limitations mean that not all programs and channels are available to watch on the go
- Some channels are only available when connected to your home TELUS Internet service due to content provider restrictions
- You cannot rewind, pause or fast forward a live program at this time
From the home or Live TV Tab select the View guide button. The current channel lineup will appear.
- To change the time on the browser, use your mouse to scroll horizontally within the time bar at the top or select -/+ 1 hour. On your phone or tablet, you can drag the guide or timebar horizontally
- To view more channels, scroll vertically
- To view specific categories, select All categories and then choose a category
There are three channel views available, you can use the filter by menu (under All Categories) to choose the view that you prefer.
- Subscribed (default): Includes all channels in your package, though not all may be playable on your device. This view is helpful if you wish to use the app to set recordings
- Playable on this device: Includes only channels that are playable on your device. Some channels require you to be connected to your home TELUS Internet network in order to watch
- All channels: Includes all channels available on PikTV, including those you are not subscribed to. You can visit to subscribe to additional channels
Navigate through the Live guide
To move to a date on the guide you can scroll horizontally or use the date picker function.
- Select Today
- Select the date you want to view
- The guide will move to 7 pm on the date you have selected. To choose another time, scroll horizontally through the guide
On Demand programming
You are able to access all On Demand programming that is part of your subscription and available on the go.
- You can pause, fast forward or rewind On Demand TV content, but the features may be disabled on select programming by the provider
- You can rewind, pause or fast forward a movie On Demand
Renting and watching On Demand
Browse the On Demand library:
- Select the On Demand tab
- Choose a category. There are many On Demand categories to choose from. To see all of the titles in a category, select All titles
- Once you find a title you would like, select the On Demand title
- On the Details screen you can read the description and rating, watch a preview, find related titles, cast and crew or save it as a favourite to find in the Home hub later. You can also select the $ Rent icon or play button to start watching
Save a Favourite to watch later:
- After selecting an On Demand title, select the heart icon to save it as a Favourite
- You can find your saved Favourites in the home hub
Note: Only On Demand programs can be saved as Favourites. Live programs cannot be saved at this time.
|"Sorry, playback is only available when you are connected to your TELUS Internet network at home."||Some channels are only available when connected to your TELUS Internet network at home due to content provider restrictions.|
|"Your account is in use on too many devices. To watch, please stop playback on another device."||You will need to stop playback on one of the devices as too many non-mediabox devices are actively streaming via the Pik TV app concurrently.|
|"Flash player is required to play this content."||Flash is required to playback content on the web browser. To enable playback, click on Get Adobe Flash Player and choose allow.|
Below is a list of known issues that we are working on resolving.
|Search results are not returning both live and video on demand||When a search result is displayed, selecting it will open the details page which will include all available formats for that program. Currently search results show only one icon for either VOD or Live due to an issue we are working to resolve.|
|LP1008 error when logging in when logging in with My TELUS account.||If you receive this message, attempt to log in an hour later as issue should have resolved. If you are still seeing the message, reach out to our Technical Support team at telus.com/support through our chat option or at 1-888-811-2323 so we can work to address the playback|
|When trying to login Page Expired coming up.||This is occurring due to clicking/tapping twice on "Login" button. To resolve, kill the app and restart it.|