Installing your Smart Range Extender
Instructions on how to install your Smart Range Extender
Not your device?
Installing your device using the mobile app
- Log in to the TELUS SmartHome app on your mobile device. Don’t have the app or having trouble logging in? Click here to learn more
- Select Menu at the top left-hand corner
- Select + Add device
- Select Other
- If installing on a Control Panel, ensure your Control Panel is unlocked on the home screen before continuing
- Select Begin installation
- Please wait while the system is preparing for installation. Once your system is ready to add your device, it will show "Complete"
- Select Next. Your Control Panel or Automation Hub begin to search for your device
- With the Smart Range Extender plugged into an outlet, press the button on the side twice
- Your Control Panel will indicate that your device has been added to the network successfully. Your Automation Hub’s Z-Wave LED will flash quickly, then turn solid to indicate that the device has been added to the network successfully
- Enter a name for your device and select Next. Congratulations, you have successfully added your new device to your account
- Select Add more to install additional devices or select Done at the top right corner to complete the installation process