Familiarize yourself with your system
A handy reference is the security panel user guide which has extensive information on all available features. To ensure you have the appropriate time to familiarize yourself with your new alarm system and reduce the chance of unnecessary false alarms, the default of your security system is to remain on a test mode for 48 hours following your installation. Your services will still be monitored during this time, however two-way voice will not be activated and no emergency services will be dispatched via our Central Monitoring Station.
Arm your system
The Ready to Arm screen allows you to arm your panel in stay or away mode:
Select/unselect your entry delay if you want a 60s delay before the system is fully armed.
Stay: Arming your system in Stay mode only arms the system perimeter only and is typically used during the night when occupants are sleeping.
Away: Arming your system in Away mode arms all the sensors attached to your alarm system and is typically used when occupants are out of the home.
All sensors must be closed before you are able to arm your system from the panel. Bypassed sensors offer no protection and cannot cause an alarm. Use bypass if you want to arm your system with one or more sensors open and intentionally unprotected.
- At the security or menu screen, select the yellow Arm button
- At the Bypass screen, select Bypass all. This forces the system to bypass all the open sensors in the list, including any open interior sensors
- Enter a valid user code to bypass the sensor
- At the Ready to Aarm (Sensors Bypassed) screen, select Stay or Away
Note: Force bypasses are automatically removed when the system is disarmed.
You can set up a duress code to transmit a silent alarm to the central monitoring station. Use the duress code when someone is forcing you to operate your security system against your will.
Setting up a duress code:
On the User management screen of your panel, select the User 8 (Duress) button
A confirmation screen will show up. Select Create duress user
Enter a four (4) digit code as the new duress code. Select OK
To confirm the duress code, type in the 4 digit code from above
A confirmation screen will pop up. Select OK
Using a duress code:
- While the system is armed, you can either type in your secret duress code OR press the system logo in the bottom right hand corner
- While the system is disarmed, you can press the system logo in the bottom right hand corner to send a silent alarm to the central monitoring station.
For full details, refer to the security panel user guide.