TELUS Custom Security Services terms and conditions
Effective as of December 21, 2020
BUYER'S RIGHT TO CANCEL
You may cancel this contract from the day you enter into the contract until 10 days after you receive a copy of the contract. You do not need a reason to cancel.
If you do not receive the goods or services within 30 days of the date stated in the contract, you may cancel this contract within one year of the contract date. You lose that right if you accept delivery after 30 days. There are other grounds for extended cancellation. For more information, you may contact you provincial/territorial consumer affairs office.
If you cancel this contract, the seller has 15 days to refund your money and any trade-in, or the cash-value of the trade-in. You must then return the goods.
To cancel, you must give 30 days’ written notice of cancellation at the address in this contract via email or letter.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND LIABILITY
TELUS Custom Security Systems (from herein referred to as TCSS) guarantees that the 24-hour monitoring provided by your monitoring station will remain the same for your initial term. In return, the Customer agrees to maintain the monitoring service for the term of the contract. If the Customer discontinues the monitoring service and/or payment before the contract elapses,, the equipment will be removed and the Customer will be invoiced 1) $136.50 removal fee, 2) original installation fee of $409.50 and 3) $75.00 for each free service call done. TCSS retains ownership of all equipment for the contract. We require 30 days written notice to cancel. After your contract has expired, TCSS will invoice your renewal fee about 30 days prior to cancellation. Your term will automatically renew for one year unless you give TCSS at least 30 days written notice to cancel.
TCSS office hours are generally 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, excluding holidays we deem necessary. The monitoring station we choose to hire will be 24 hours every day. The monitoring station's knowledge of alarm hardware is limited. They monitor the system, they do not service the hardware.
- The Customer agrees that TCSS is not responsible for telephone line, internet, computer or cellular communication faults or failure to detect as a result of telephone line, internet, computer or cellular tower trouble or outages or for any other faults or failures to detect or verify any alarm signal received arising due to any cause beyond TCSS's control, including but not limited to acts of lightning, snow, rain, wind and all other acts of God.
- TCSS is not responsible for fines as a result of any response from any parties who might charge a fee for this response for your alarm signals going off. The Customer agrees that TCSS is not responsible for your building and what is or might be in your building that may set your alarm signals off.
- The Customer agrees to pay any taxes, fees or charges relating to the service provided under this agreement, imposed by anybody or regulation.
- The Customer agrees to pay all fees that TCSS incurs relating to the collection of all unpaid monies that The Customer owes TCSS. If monies are owing to TCSS, The Customer agrees that TCSS can put a lien against The Customer's home to collect the monies owing including all expenses incurred with the lien.
- The Customer agrees that there will be normal wear & tear to install the alarm system. TCSS is not responsible to repair this normal wear & tear anytime.
- The Customer agrees to continually update all key holder and call-out names, phone numbers and passwords to the monitoring station by fax or e-mail.
- All cheques that are returned to TCSS from the Customer's financial institution are subject to a $25.00 service charge. All payments after 30 days are subject to a 2% late payment charge per month which compounds each month. All payments processed in good faith that the Customer requests to be refunded, and TCSS agrees to, will be subject to a 6% administration fee to cover TCSS's costs incurred. All work done in good faith that The Customer requests to be removed, and TCSS agrees to, will be subject to a $99.00 administration fee plus $95.00 per hour labour fee for all labor incurred All fees may change from time to time.
- The Customer agrees that faxed or emailed documentation that needs to be signed is an acceptable method to approve that documentation.
- The Customer agrees that TCSS may put a charge against the property where the alarm system was installed for any unpaid monies that customer owes TCSS.
- This constitutes the entire agreement between the Customer and TCSS and no representation or statement made by anyone and not contained in this agreement shall be binding upon TCSS as a warranty or otherwise. The foregoing terms and conditions shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with the terms and conditions of any order submitted by the Customer.
TCSS's business is only the installation of the alarm system. As such, TCSS endeavours to provide the highest quality of service available. Both the Customer and TCSS recognize and agree that no matter how good the system is or how carefully it is installed and maintained, the possibility of failure still exists. As well, both recognize and agree that TCSS has no liability over what happens in the environment that the alarm system has been installed. Alarm systems can be bypassed and defeated by someone who knows how to do it. The Customer and TCSS agree that TCSS is not an insurer. Customer payments are for monitoring service only and must not be construed as an insurance premium. Notwithstanding any statute or rule of law to the contrary, TCSS shall not be liable in any way for any claim, loss, damage or expenses, including without limitation, and claim, loss, damage or expense relating to personal injury of the Customer or any employee, agent or independent contractor of or with the Customer, on whose behalf the Customer hereby contracts as agent, arising either directly or indirectly from the losses associated with failure of the system or service in any respect even if due to negligent performance (including gross negligence) or fundamental breach of this agreement by TCSS, its employees and/or authorized agents.
The Customer agrees to indemnify TCSS, its employees and/or authorized agents with respect to any claims, loss, damage or expense, including without limitation, any claim by a third party arising in any way hereunder. It is TCSS's recommendation that the Customer obtain a separate insurance policy to cover personal injury, property loss or damage in this respect.
OWNERSHIP OF EQUIPMENT
The equipment which we provide to you as part of your service package is listed in Your Services and Summary Charges. Unless you have elected to pay for this equipment at the time of installation, it will remain our property and must be returned upon service cancelation or expiry within 30 days or you will be charged for the equipment at TELUS' then current rates. You are responsible for loss of or damage to such equipment other than damage caused by ordinary wear and tear or caused by us, including payment of applicable replacement charges where we determine it is not commercially reasonable to repair the equipment.
EXPLANATION OF WARRANTY
- Includes parts only. Labour is charged at 1 hour minimum. Anything out of TELUS Custom Security Systems control is not covered.
- Applies to residential accounts that are in the original 3 year term.
- Applies to the free 5-point residential alarm system, extra keypads, doors, motion and glass breaks that we install.
- Environmental components (smoke, flood, temperature and carbon monoxide) have a 1-year parts & labour warranty.
- Wireless components have a 1-year warranty on parts & labour. Batteries are not included under wireless warranty.
- Telephone line problems that are not TCSS's will be charged to the Customer.
- Only normal wear & tear is covered under all warranty. All outside security components have 30 day parts & labour warranty.
- Batteries not included.
Once a piece of equipment has been installed at your premises you may not relocate the equipment to another premise without our prior approval.