Senior Full Stack Developer - UI Design Systems
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution.
We’ve built a suite of tools for practitioners with the goal of growing the platform and simplifying the path to production. Our tools are used across Digital, our partners, and greater TELUS. One of these tools is the TELUS Design System.
The TELUS Universal Design System enables our teams to create consistent customer journeys. It is a holistic platform that integrates code, documentation, guidelines, and design management. Serving as a single source for our digital design guidelines, code patterns, and UI elements, it plays a key role in ensuring the teams can build with self-sufficiency, re-use building blocks, and contribute back to the system.
TELUS team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full-stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists and other digital experts.
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
As a Senior Developer for the Platform Enablement, Design Centre of Excellence, you will be responsible for designing, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer-centric digital experiences for TELUS users and customers.
You will be working as a part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practices in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Ensure cohesive experience across multiple devices
- Develop scalable solutions with performance and security in mind
- Have the dedication to learn and research new technologies
- Ability to document the workflow whenever it's needed
- The knowledge on how to work together with others and build solutions
- Doing code reviews and improvements with other developers
- Maintaining codebase and making improvements when necessary
- Document APIs and Components for other Developers
- Incorporate Accessibility as part of the development process
- Knowledge about database management and architecture
- Understand what technologies other teams are using
- Work with designers to help them understand possible technical restrictions
- Identify problem areas in code & solutions
- Assist with and rapidly test solutions for the team
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
- You also have strong interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable history of excelling in a team-based collaborative environment
- Strong team leadership skills (helping lead the team's work)
- Experience mentoring junior team members, overseeing code quality and evangelizing best practices
- Experience with reviewing Pull Requests
- Proven experience with Expo and React Native tooling
- Proven experience with design tokens and theming in React
- Proven experience with backend development (Node.js)
- Proven experience with client-side testing best practices and tooling (we use Jest and React Testing Library)
- Experience collaborating in an agile environment alongside designers, analysts, and product owners
- Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance
- Experience with Contentful CMS
- Experience with micro-frontend architecture and frameworks, e.g. Storybook
- Experience with Inclusive development and a11y best practices.
- Experience with securing applications to common security threats (OWASP Standards)
- Experience with Web/HTTP security controls (CORS, CSP, TLS, etc ...)
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining High Availability systems
- Experience with GCP and/or AWS ecosystems.
- Familiar with accessibility (WCAG 2) best practices