Experiencing issues with your Smart Thermostat? Before you start troubleshooting, make sure you verify the following:
- Your heating and cooling system are working properly
- The Smart Thermostat’s batteries are fully charged. Learn how to replace your Smart Thermostat’s batteries
- The wiring is connected properly to the Smart Thermostat
- There are no Z-Wave range issues. Learn how to troubleshoot range issues with your automation devices
If you validated the above and the issues persist, read below for more information on how to troubleshoot your device.
My Smart Thermostat does not connect to my Control Panel
If your device is disconnected from your Control Panel, follow these instructions to re-add the Smart Thermostat to your system. You may need to remove the Smart Thermostat from your system first. Learn how to remove an automation device from your system.
I need to modify my HVAC system on my Smart Thermostat
If necessary, the HVAC system type (Normal or Heat Pump) can be physically set on the Smart Thermostat.
- Put your Smart Thermostat in off mode
- Press and hold Up for 5 seconds until the display shows a version number
- Press and hold Up again for 5 seconds until the display shows your HVAC setup
- Press Up or Down to select either P2A2 for heat pump configuration or C2H2 for normal configuration
- Press Mode to confirm your selection
The heating or cooling does not turn On
To prevent any damage to the compressor, the Smart Thermostat inserts a delay when cycling the compressor. Follow these steps below to troubleshoot if you think the system should be on when it’s not.
- Change the set point to be 2 degrees beyond the set point
- Wait 5 minutes to see if the system turns on
- If the system does not turn on after 5 minutes, contact a local HVAC professional
My heat pump is not working properly
If the heat pump is cooling when it should be heating or vice versa, follow these tips here:
- Be sure you have the thermostat configured with the correct wire
- Try switching the O/B configuration setting through the web portal
- Contact a local HVAC professional for further help with this issue